Triple Oscillator: Audio Crackling Popping

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

Out of the box, LMMS 1.2 in my Windows 10 notebook does Crackling and Popping while playing the Triple Oscillator in original configuration.

It only happens when I release the keys and not always so I believe is due to the synth wave not being at zero when the key is released... This is odd because someway makes this software more like a toy than a finished product!

If someone can help me in tweaking the software so it may behave as supposedly...

Thanks
makes this software more like a toy than a finished product!
help me in tweaking the software so it may behave as supposedly...
Nahhh... if you open just one of the demo project, or next to any in the music-projet forum, you would emediately know, that the 'toy' works for most... So lets see what faults you have made, in order to:
ruiseixas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am
Crackling and Popping while playing the Triple Oscillator in original configuration.
A sound is a oscillation of air. That creates a wave-pattern
If a sound is either initiated or terminated at a point in this spectrum -or Envelope, where it is different from 0, there is a audible artefact: A crack or a Pop!
So you as the producer, need to make sure, that your sounds are sane inside the envelope
That is done with the ENV-tools on the ENV/LFO tab of the instrument, or for VSTs inside the actual UI
Read about Envelopes here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Envelopes
and more here
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... .2FLFO_tab
Experiment and understand what
A Attack, D decay, S Sustain, R release
ADSR-envelopes does to the output, and understand the filter and resonance tabs too, because they have their own Envelopes! -in this ..toy
ruiseixas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am
Hi,
Yes, with LMMS synths (except Zyn), when you hear a click or pop at the beginning or end of the sound, it's usually related to the synth volume envelope.

This is solved in the ENV > VOLUME tab with:

- AMT = 1
- ATT = value close to 0
- REL = value close to 0

That said, I share the feeling of manipulating a toy.
LMMS synths (except Zyn) are very limited, but within and with these limits it is possible to do many things.
Personally, I start getting interesting sounds using only synths and effects of LMMS (so no samples, no sf2, no VST, no PatMan, no Giga).