Soundcard crashes with garbled output

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Happens quite regularly, the playback is suddenly much faster with garbled nonsense being outputted. seems to be random, happens more sometimes than others. usually have to wait a while till it fixes itself, sometimes reload the project

this is on linux with gigabyte motherboard soundcard used
Wooah!
I wonder if it could be, a sound driver problem, or a sound driver update problem?
Sadly for me, I don't know much about Linux though. Only windows and mac in some cases. :P
Sorry if I couldn't be of help. :P
Are you on rc 5.

This sometimes happens to me too, although Nothing crashes.

Restarting lmms solves it always. Sometimes waiting helps too.
Franny23dmt wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:34 pm
on linux with gigabyte motherboard soundcard used
Version of LMMS?
Onboard-cards can be trouble-some...
Its like the chip can get 'behind' if the cpu has i serious load, so the cpu activity is important! Monitor that, and shut down all other apps on the computer, as to give the cpu as little as posibl. to do
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm
Franny23dmt wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:34 pm
on linux with gigabyte motherboard soundcard used
Version of LMMS?
Onboard-cards can be trouble-some...
Its like the chip can get 'behind' if the cpu has i serious load, so the cpu activity is important! Monitor that, and shut down all other apps on the computer, as to give the cpu as little as posibl. to do

Version 1.1.3. I use just my motherboard soundchip. My CPU usage doesnt go very high no matter how complex my LMMS setup. it definitely seems to happen more if i have a Chromium open.
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 pm
it definitely seems to happen more if i have a Chromium open.
::
lmms1.1.3
Yes, shut down everything! You could even go through your Sevices and start-menu, and look for stuff from old games -game-spy could be a candidate(?)
Many times outdated c*** runs without we knowing, and cleanups helps!
musikbear wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:13 pm
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 pm
it definitely seems to happen more if i have a Chromium open.
::
lmms1.1.3
Yes, shut down everything! You could even go through your Sevices and start-menu, and look for stuff from old games -game-spy could be a candidate(?)
Many times outdated c*** runs without we knowing, and cleanups helps!
Services?!?!?! that sounds like windows ? I dont know linux well enough to shutdown random programs in background... why? because ive never had to, unlike when i used windows.

The thing with me, is I am always writing, and doing other stuff at same time , this is why browser etc is often open.
I would really like to use an updated version of LMMS, but holding out coz they have failed so far & dont want to risk upsetting my setup
Ctrl + Esc opens a task-manager like window, on my Linux.

There I can click on anything and kill it. ( warning do not randomly start to kill stuff )

I sometimes use it to kill still running vst after an lmms crash.
Getting terrible results now I can barely write music anymore. The audio crashes every time i save the project & coz LMMS crashes so often it is foolish to not save as soon as u have done anything that is nice. bummed out coz i cant write :(
Gps wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Ctrl + Esc opens a task-manager like window, on my Linux.

There I can click on anything and kill it. ( warning do not randomly start to kill stuff )

I sometimes use it to kill still running vst after an lmms crash.
yes i am aware of this, I am quite competent with linux, but I am thankful for your attempted help, cheers :)