LMMS not recognizing Keyboard

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey. So, yeah. A friend of mine suggested me Ableton, which I tried to use. It worked, but the programm stops recognizing any Inputs after an random ammount of time. Now I tried using LMMS, and it doesn't even recognize my keyboard to begin with. Well, I have an No-Name keyboard, it would be the Clifton LP-6210C
Ok, I got it to work now. But, same problem like Ableton: The program stops getting inputs after some time
DarkSide1305 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm
But, same problem like Ableton: The program stops getting inputs after some time
If i understand you, you have identical issues on lmms and ableton?
I fear that the issue is with your midi-kb, and not with the connected DAW
But lets try to break the issue down:
Is it approximately the same time, before the issue happens in both DAW?
That would strongly indicate a midi-kb fail!

Is it the same project?
That could indicate a bad automation, ao filter, that botch output!
That would mean that it is a fail in your project, and that both your midi-kb, and DAW is ok
Do some tests with native instruments with no automations, and no effects added, and see if you can play ..f-i. scales or just some simple melodies. Run a timer and determine when a fail occur. Power down, restart and redo.
If failtime is identical, you have id'ed the faulty component.
Well, its not the same time. Sometimes I can play for 10 Minutes, sometimes 2 Minutes before it wont work. And, I dont think its the project either. No matter which project or configuration I play on, my PC wont recognize my keyboard anymore.
DarkSide1305 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 am
Sometimes I can play for 10 Minutes, sometimes 2 Minutes before it wont work.
Eg randomly failing
That is the worst kind of bugs/ fails that exists.
It may be another process that interfere, so you need to slim everything to absolute minimum, try and retry.
Perhaps the best thing is to try your kb on a friends pc, and see if the bug exists there too, that would rule out anything specific on your hw
Random bugs are from h*** :|
Well, closing everything on my PC didnt help. Im gonna inform you what happens when I connect it to the PC of one of my friends.
Well, after a lot of time I finally got Time to test it on a friend's PC. Aaaand... still the same problem :/
DarkSide1305 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 pm
Well, after a lot of time I finally got Time to test it on a friend's PC. Aaaand... still the same problem :/
Outc.. That would indicate that your kb gets into a state where it fails, after a non-determinate time. That could be caused by f.i. heat buildup.
It is next to impossible to find the reason. Some welding could be 'cold', or have impurity in the solder. ..Aso
If your warranty is valid, i would return the kb. Describe the failure to the store.

If the warranty is void, one final desperate thing to do, could be to exchange all the cables, and the power-source/ converter.
That would be 'wishful thinking', that your kb is ok, but one cable or power-source is failing....
A shop may let you try for free...(?)
Then again, how expensive was it? Do cost-v-benefit calcs, and act accordingly :')