Hang loading vst in saved project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello
I am experiencing consistent hanging when loading my saved project, always at the point it is opening a large ~200mb vst (its a piano instrument). The vst will load perfectly normal when with a fresh lmms start and not opening a saved project.

I am using vista 32bit and lmms 0.4.10

If I drag-drop the project onto lmms.exe:
"remote_vst_plugin.exe has stopped working"
"The VST-plugin C:/Users/Rhys/Programs/Vst plugins/TASCAM/Instruments/CVPiano-GVI-Modeled/CVPiano-GVI-Modeled.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!"

If I open the project via "recently opened projects":
It will open the vst's interface and hang at 83% with no error, then have to close lmms and use task manager to close remote_vst_plugin.exe or it hogs the computer in the background.

Is there a way to avoid this like shutting the vst inteface before saving or something?
Thanks!
not sure if this will help, but ..
When lmms loads a vst, it kind of 'make room' for the vst. When lmms is closed, this area is kind of 'still occupied'. I have found an interesting results of this:
If you load a vst for the first /i]time, it takes longer and the other way around- loading second time is mutch faster. The trick now is to open lmms with a blank project, then insert one instance of the vst that gives you problems. Save this dummy project and close lmms!
Reopen lmms
Reopen the dugdy project
If you are in luck, the space allocated to the dummy-vst will be occupied by the project-vst and you are home free..
Wheater or not you then should replace the dudgy vst in the real project, is up to you.
This 'method' work with DSK-etheral-padz, but it is not foolprove.

..Secondly, 0.4.9 is more stable than 0.4.10, at least on my system. I have awfull studder and loadproblems on 0.4.10, and has reverted to 0.4.9 :/
(Im pretty sure the reason in part is the new screen-update / refresh method ..)

good luck
Br.
Hmm I tried what you say, unfortunately the remote_vst_plugin.exe actually crash on exit if I have loaded this piano vst (didnt notice this before) and unluckily it won't open in the saved project. :|

So I try some things with another large vst file: ~80mb DSK overture:
All seems to work with it, unless I open the project by double clicking or drag-drop. If I browse to the project or via 'recently opened projects', it will successfully load.

Fortunately though, I can get to my file by drag-drop, and clicking through the error message (but the vst cannot load while in the project).

Thanks for the reply :)
unfortunately the remote_vst_plugin.exe actually crash on exit if I have loaded this piano vst (didnt notice this before) and unluckily it won't open in the saved project. :|
it would properly be some conflict then - I gues that particular vst does not work with lmms.
So I try some things with another large vst file: ~80mb DSK overture:
All seems to work with it, unless I open the project by double clicking or drag-drop. If I browse to the project or via 'recently opened projects', it will successfully load

uhoh- forgot to tell you that currently projects can only be loaded from inside lmms. eg either with the sidebar-browser, or the 'recent-opend' button. Asociated-opening through a win-explorer is not supported. I believe i wrote this in the wiki, but the wiki is contantly being altered, whitch is the nature of a wiki, ofcause :p

Br.
Interesting. I was having this problem too. Seems like the file would typically hang at about 80% in the loading screen. On some occasions it would get over the hang and load successfully, but it never seemed consistent.

I'll make note to use the sidebar loader from now on.

And on the topic of loading, is there any particular reason why LMMS accesses the A:\ drive when opening files elsewhere? (I'll be opening files on the C:\ or some USB drive, but it always buzzes the floppy during that process.)