LMMS doesn’t work properly when opening VST plugin

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello. I have a problem that is bothering me a lot. When I open LMMS it works fine but when I open VST plugin then the screen is starting to blurry when moving plugins around and the same plugin is spreading around(like cloning itself). And I had also a problem when I saved my project with used VST plugins and when I tried to open the project it downloaded to 25% at was spinning forever after that and not loading.
Sorry for my grammar, hopefully you will understand me.

I have windows 10 and my laptop is 64x bit.
karvapeikko wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm
When I open LMMS it works fine but when I open VST plugin then the screen is starting
to blurry when moving plugins around....
And I had also a problem when I saved my project with used VST plugins and when I tried to open the project it downloaded to 25% at was spinning forever after that and not loading.
Okay. The problems you expressed above, could mean, that the vst plugin(s)
do not work too well with Lmms.

Can you tell us the name of the vst plugin(s), that are you using in your project?

karvapeikko wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:17 pm
when moving plugins around and the same plugin is spreading around(like cloning itself).
Cloning itself? Is it cloning itself in the Lmms workscreen?
I’ve used synth 1 and all other possible VST plugins and the result is the same for all.
And yes it is like cloning itself. It is really hard to exlain but for example when your computer is on viruses and is really laggy then when you move your window or apps or something else it it multiplies around . Then multiplied windows or apps are just sitting there in backgrond doing nothing, just messing up the picture or wherever they are cloned.
If you're not on the latest beta relase, currently lmms-1.2.0-rc6, I strongly recommend that you install this instead and see if the issue persists. https://lmms.io/download/#windows (orange buttons).
Isn’t 1.2.0 version that is orange button beta version? Will it work like a full version of LMMS?
karvapeikko wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 am
Isn’t 1.2.0 version that is orange button beta version? Will it work like a full version of LMMS?
Correct. It will work like a fuller version of lmms. It's been worked on for some 4+ years and is, according to most users, less buggy than 1.1.3. I'm not on Windows but I believe the recommended procedure for upgrading on windows is to:

- backup your lmms directory (projects and stuff...)
- remove 1.1.3
- install 1.2.0

I'm on linux and has been using 1.1.3 and all of the development versions in parallel and has never lost any projects except for a note sequence or so in case of a crash but I don't think there are any big crashes with rc6. Or you can wait a month or so to go for rc7. Which could be the last beta.
Okay I will try it out. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
karvapeikko wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 am
Okay I will try it out. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
I believe it will, because it helps others :)
I recommend that you also get rid of a config-file, before you re-install
Read:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome karvapeikko
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Hello again. I've installed the 1.2.0 rc6 BETA version and now i used it for 2h. It is more laggy than the 1.1.3 version. Sound is awful and it cripples all the time when you use keys that go lower than C4 it starts to cripple. And also when you press some buttons it presses instead the other button. But VST problem were gone..I think.. I think that I will get back to 1.1.3 version cuz it worked much better (only 1 problem that were with VST plugins). I really hope that it will fix it. But if it wont help then should I reset my computer?
karvapeikko wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 pm
RC6 is more laggy than the 1.1.3 version. Sound is awful and it cripples all the time
Sounds like you are using the wrong sound-device
In settings, set the device to SDL

And yes, after that, it is a good idea to restart the pc
(Nb. Sleeping a pc is not meant for day to day overnight usage, its for going to lunch :)