hello how to create ghost note or ghost percussion please

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I don't know how to do, but someone made it in this project https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=6234, so it's possible, if someone other can explain, i will also be grateful (at now i use only sidechain with bigkixdippa, but i wanna learn also this). I saw he used a peak controller
Roxas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 am
someone made it in this project
Ok so you made me dl the project :p Where are there Ghosts?

It is not possible in lmms. We simply do not have that feature
I have speculated in doing it in various ways, but none is really good.
Only 'way' is to copy the notes you want as ghosts into the new song-editor block, then
* Mark all
* Set volume to 0%
Thats 'it'

BUT!
No matter the percentage of velocity, LMMS uses exactly the same amount of CPU. Eg the 'ghosts' will double the CPU-usage for that particular block!
They are indeed not ghosted-notes, they are low-velosity notes!
They do 'act' as ghosts, though..
Musikbear if you put on solo the 6th track you could see it sound nothing. that are the ghost note, if i have understood well
It seems like he use the mute effect of a peak controller

Roxas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 pm
that are the ghost note, if i have understood well
Oh no! That is sidechaining through a peak-controller. No Ghostnotes are notes that is kind of 'a mirror of other tracks'. It helps you to harmonize and create chords with the other instrument. Try out my described hack, and you will see how ghosts can be useful
temoin-de-yehovah wrote: ok thanks is possible add this feature next release lmms ?
No it will not be in 1.2.0
When or even 'if' is not scheduled nor determined
Sorry i confused a ghost kick, with ghost notes, you mean like that grey chords down here

temoin-de-yehovah wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 am
please explain my with screenshot or video tutorial thanks
Ok i will look at it
Roxas wrote: you mean like that grey chords down here
Yup, those are 'ghosts' :)
Requested tutorial https://youtu.be/xTF8s2AxknA
temoin-de-yehovah wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:53 am
I didn't really understand the tutorial.
It's an interesting tutorial but I wonder if it's not for what you want.

What drummers call a "ghost note" is very different. That's a quiet note, usually on the snare, placed in between the normal accented notes. They are very easy to make just by writing them into the piano roll as normal and then lowering the velocity for just those specific notes. The only difficult part is working out where to put them for the best groove.

Steve