exporting - rendering issues

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi forum

I am having some consistent issues in the export process. I list them below and ask for your help - they are separate issues, but occur during export altogether. The first issue I have no solution, and the second is solvable but too inefficient for me. Let us assume export settings set to .wav | 44.1 kHz | 160 kB/s | and 16 bit depth.

1. I would like to export tracks as stems in distinct channels (lead, bass, kicks, fx etc). I do this by muting / soloing tracks I want - exporting - repeating. The problem is that they are not in phase, out of time with each other. Why is there no compensation for differing latency on the exports and how do I work around this?

2. One track is sidechained. The problem is when I want to export this track with sidechain effect the sidechain trigger gets muted and the track gets exported sans sidechain. I resort to soloing both sidechain trigger and track. This works but I have to manually do it after exporting all individual tracks. Is there an easier guaranteed way to export with sidechain?
Artro Fifteen wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 am
1. I would like to export tracks as stems
2. sidechain trigger gets muted and the track gets exported sans sidechain.
Please post

* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms instrument involved
* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)
* a screenshots of error-state -if any oddness appear
* a demo mmp
* a sound-file on soundcloud or a similar service
Best is to open the
projects\demos\Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja (Second
Flight Remix).mmpz
and export that, then upload the file on Soundcloud or similar service
hello again musikbear

okay, let's focus on problem 1 right now and solve one by a time.

my specs:
lmms 1.0.2 on WINDOWS 8.1
8.00 GB RAM
sc CONEXANT SMARTAUDIO HD
5.8 ms
SDL (SIMPLE DIRECTMEDIA LAYER)

I have chosen one of my own projects for a demo as opposed to lmms demo, as it is more complex and we can figure out a solution addressing my methods

find it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Lu7S ... uJhH-5jMXA

You can listen to "Good Export" where I exported the whole song. Then you can open lmms, import the stems and notice that one of the stems is off. (for bigger projects, several stems will have this problem)
Artro Fifteen wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:58 am
my specs:
Everything is great, except
lmms 1.0.2
I wonder if thats not a typing mistake, and you mean 1.2.0 RC.. 6?
If you are on 1.0.2 - You need to update!

Now, in 1.2.0 you can export separate tracks. This is new!
But Before i start going through your project and the stems, we need to establish, that you indeed IS on 1.2.0 :p and the newest RC is RC6. -so, what does you have?
In case you are on a different ver follow this:
Backup your own stuff, then uninstall lmms completely, including the config dot-file:
http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LMM ... h_Settings
DL and install 1.2.0 RC6 with the orange buttons on dl-site:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
either 32 as link or 64 -
sorry for the late reply, but I found the problem (and solution): automation in the first bar block
/by the way let us remember http://lmms.io/forum/search.php?author_id=3360&sr=posts and we always have this discussion about upgrading LMMS. eventually! for now, shall we start a new thread and continue the friendly argument?? /

All my songs that share this problem have on thing in common: I always had an automation bar placed at the start of the song that automates and varies TEMPO before first note.

This messes up rendering the timing of the downbeat, in the export.

Solution: eradicating the automation (A+, 10/10)
Artro Fifteen wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:50 am
we always have this discussion about upgrading LMMS.
I cant remember those things :p Im on 30-50 help rq's a week

You can have a automation for tempi in first block. But you cant use a discreet curveform