LMMS crash on Win XP

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When I run LMMS on Win XP SP3, I get a windows error and send a report to MS. I was able to run it before some months ago. I just wanted to reinstall it and try it again. Got it working in linux, but windows is giving me trouble. Any ideas? Any details I can send that will help?

Thanks,

ofobbs
This is the error I'm getting. Not sure what the problem is. If it's a hardware issue, is there a fix for it? I'd hate to have to reinstall windows just to get this to work if it's a software issue.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Linux MultiMedia Studio has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the error signature:
AppName: lmms.exe AppVer: 0.4.0.0 ModName: libportaudio-2.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000ca00
you say that you have run lmms earlier -whitch lmms version was that?
apearently you have made some kind of change to your setup that causes a conflict now. I would try 0.4.9. I know that runs flawlessly on xp. If this does not help, you have to think hard about what installs -or component-removeal! you have made that could cause this problem.
Especially changes to soundcard /drivers would be candidates.
Some games ao. game-demos very roughly changes settings without any warnings when they are used - but its a drag finding the problem :/
Other 'colpits' .. defective ram ... hardware acceleration settings..
But im only guessing -its very difficult to solve a problem like this from remote location :/
If you still are stuck a windows repair -not full install could perhaps be last kind of desperate measure.
Be sure to have all drivers and the what not ready. If you have a preinstalled pc, it more a rule than an exception, that the customer does not have copies of all important files, if so you can be in serious trouble
good luck
Br.
Thanks for the reply.

I did install 0.4.9 and got the same result. It did work some months ago, but I removed it. And I believe I did make some changes since then. I'll have to dig deeper. Hopefully, I won't have to do a reinstall.

Thanks.
Hi,

I've got the same error in Windows 7. I reinstalled Lmms and got the same issue (even in 0.4.9). It says something about libportaudio-2.dll.
I also wanted to say that i haven't installed earlier versions of lmms on this system.
SOLUTION :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/files/lmms/

Download older version of LMMS
0.4.6 or below !

0.4.7 works also but in 32Bit Version (for those who prefer the new layout..)

And also do a clean uninstall :
1. Uninstall Lmms
2. Remove the Lmms folder in Program Files (C:\Program Files\LMMS 0.4.... )
manually (if necessary)

Have fun again.. for free ! :-)

Q

---Case Closed---