Writing songs in 1/16 time signature

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello everyone! New to the forums here but I've been writing drum tracks in LMMS for a death metal/grind project of mine for about a year now on and off. Anyways, all of the stuff I've made is in 4/4 and I've found that there's certain beats that I'll make where I need to add or remove a couple bars at the end to get the right timing for certain riffs that I write, but when I write songs in 4/4 it adds/removes bars in 4 pairs of 4, so that's why I've been thinking about starting to write songs in 1/16 because I can add and remove individual bars for odd time signatures. But the visual representation takes up so much space on my screen. Typically a 4/4 beat is like a little block on the screen when I map it out on the song editor, but when I switch to 1/16 everything gets stretched out extremely far and it's kind of hard to work with. So my question is, is there anyway to write songs in 1/16 but have the song editor not make the bars so long looking, like condense them down or something like that? I know I can zoom out 25%, but even then it's still pretty stretched out. Thanks!
Cashish wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm
Hello everyone!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Cashish !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

is there anyway to write songs in 1/16 but have the song editor not make the bars so long looking, like condense them down or something like that?
..No, that is a special situation, that has not been pre-empted. However in current RC6 you can use 12.5% magnification in songeditor, so you would have ½ the length of what you have now..
Ah I see, thanks for the reply muzikbear! I will check out RC6, 12.5% should help a bit more, thank you :)