Installing VST Effects

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
How does one go about doing this? Say I wanted to add a custom bitcrusher to LMMS and have it show up in the 'Add effect' window along with the preexisting effects.

--Copying the new plugin folder to the vst-plugin directory doesn't work;

--I can easily open the new plugin with VeSTige, but then I can't apply the effect to the channel(s) I want;
sadammkhan wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm
How does one go about doing this?
That is explained here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Ts_effects

However VST-effects are one of the few things, that does not always works in LMMS
sadammkhan wrote:
How can apply the effect to the channel? Looks like I cannot use any VST Effects to do my homework online for my audio engineering project.
Hi,

Have you tried different free vsts with LMMS? I'm hesitating between Vember Audio Surge and CamelCrusher VST.
JosephY wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:51 am
I'm hesitating between Vember Audio Surge and CamelCrusher VST.
Very old thread. Its better to open a new
Anywitch why dont you just try both, and the go with the one you like the best, however Came.crusher has been taken down from the net, and is not free to use anymore
musikbear wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 pm
sadammkhan wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm
How does one go about doing this?
That is explained here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Ts_effects

However VST-effects are one of the few things, that does not always works in LMMS
The old wiki page has been removed. Can you send a link to the new one?
You should avoid downloading VST Effects plugins that don't come with warranties or rebate options, and stay away from spammy-looking sites that tell you to download something other than the plugin. Don't risk the security of your website to save a few dollars. Simply stay away from it and stick to the legitimate plugins. Remember to check out the [Link removed by moderator] at [Link removed by moderator[/url]
RaSH1303 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:20 am

The old wiki page has been removed. Can you send a link to the new one?
And video: