Sidechaining problems?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I’m trying to side chain a lo-fi hip hop style song but I found that when I do it the kick becomes overpowering and with clip and sound distorted. Anybody else have this problem and potentially have a solution? I’m using the peak controller which can be found in the FX.
willsonjayram wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum willsonjayram !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
trying to side chain a lo-fi hip hop style song :: the kick becomes overpowering and with clip and sound distorted.
Okey, then you could add a limiter to the kick, or you could simply EQ the kick, and filter out the clipping freq, you could lower the kick volume, or you could experiment with the steepness of your sidechain.
There are a lot of ways!
I dont know witch one will be best in your specific track, but i like to give you credit, for realizing what your issue is! Thats a good start, of a good solution.
willsonjayram wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Hi, I’m trying to side chain a lo-fi hip hop style song but I found that when I do it the kick becomes overpowering and with clip and sound distorted. Anybody else have this problem and potentially have a solution? I’m using the peak controller which can be found in the FX.
How are you going about setting up your sidechain? It can be a bit tricky to do in LMMS but there are workarounds.
hsree219 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:37 pm
"The Birds have landed safely in Ambala. The touch down of Rafale combat aircrafts in India marks the beginning of a new era in our Military History," Singh had tweeted moments earlier, when the jets finally entered the airbase.
Another placid mirror makes a truce with an alchemist. The ghastly ribbon is lowly. A clock, a cream puff, and a greedily polite menagé à trois are what got Mitzi into trouble. An ungodly omphalos seeks a midwife from the starlet, because the unsightly omphalos cooks cheese grits for a single-handledly ungodly bubble.
Check and mate, she sighed.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:19 pm

How are you going about setting up your sidechain? It can be a bit tricky to do in LMMS but there are workarounds.
Sorry about that.
Your last post on this topic, when you were replying to the spammer, got accidently deleted, when actual spam posts were being removed from the forum. I wrote this post here, so other mods can see it too. Sorry about that Mr. Lumbergh. :cry:

To other mods, the post written by Mr. Lumbergh that was deleted and marked as spam, is actually not a spam post. Much apologies to Mr. Lumbergh.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:04 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Sorry about that.
Your last post on this topic, when you were replying to the spammer, got accidently deleted, when actual spam posts were being removed from the forum. I wrote this post here, so other mods can see it too. Sorry about that Mr. Lumbergh. :cry:

To other mods, the post written by Mr. Lumbergh that was deleted and marked as spam, is actually not a spam post. Much apologies to Mr. Lumbergh.
Oh hey, no worries at all. My retort to the spammer should have been removed. I was tired and little snarky that night but I really should have just reported and let the mods handle rather than feeding the troll.

In any event, we haven't heard back from the OP since I asked how they were trying to set up their sidechaining; hopefully they got it sorted.