Unable to Start LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm unable to start LMMS, the splashscreen opens for a few seconds and simply closes without warning, and I haven't been able to achieve different results.
I've tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the software, even trying the 32 bit version, but still nothing.
Doing some research I've found a solution to the settings not saving, but that's about it. There is nothing abnormal about my system, nothing at all that would affect the running of the software.
Some insight would be hugely appreciated, I hope I can get this worked out.
TakingFire wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 am
I'm unable to start LMMS
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome TakingFire !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I am having the same problem. I have done all the same. I just downloaded it like 20 minutes ago and it has not opened once.
If your are facing this problem on Windows OS, and if you are taking about not being able to install the latest LMMS RC version, then you can try the following steps:

1. Try installing LMMS 1.1.3 stable.

2. Go to settings and change the audio backend from Portaudio to SDL

3. Now you can uninstall LMMS 1.1.3 stable and install the latest LMMS 1.2.0 RC6.

(If that works, then that means, it's the problem with Portaudio, which was removed from LMMS 1.2.0 RC 5 onwards. Because of this, people who were using Portaudio with the previous LMMS versions [before RC 5] couldn't install RC 5 or RC 6)
Brendan Newby wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 pm
I am having the same problem
*Cough*
....please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Brendan!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions