VST not working on RC4/5/6

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
As you can see I have tried multiple different versions. I am using a 64bit xubuntu distro. Currently, I am still using lmms 1.1.3 as it is the only way I can get work done. When trying to load a VST on 1.2 RC4/5/6 it says "loading" and then nothing. Vestige still asks me to load a VST. If I open a project created in 1.1.3, it loads fine and plays fine but the moment I try to load a new VST the same thing happens. Surely I can't be the only person with this problem. I just hope it gets sorted out before the final 1.2 release as, if not, I will be stuck using 1.1.3 for the foreseeable future.
Vst working fine for me on openSUSE, lmms rc 5.

I am using the appimage from the download page. ( there is a even newer version there )
I also used the appimage. But after multiple tries I just basically gave up. I've been trying every month just to see if updating my system has any effect.
Did you set the appimage, to be executable after the download ?
Yep. Obviously lol. The daw works, it just won't load vst's. I upgraded to 18.04 yesterday and hoped it would work. Alas...still the same. Oh well, 1.1.3 still works so I guess I'll have to live with it.