Any help will be Appreciated

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Remove that link first , or am I getting paranoid ?
Gps wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Remove that link first , or am I getting paranoid ?
Probably a fake profile.
It's not even worth answering them, they will not answer you.

Now, as soon as I see a suspicious link, I do not even read the message and I denounce right away.
I'm tired of these fake profiles that make me waste time.

Maybe it's time to change the forum rules and ban immediately all those fake users without asking questions.
(I'm thinking of Brandy asking each time these users to remove links, I think it's a waste of time ...)
That is a good idea , new members only allowed to post links to soundcloud ?
Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:53 am
That is a good idea , new members only allowed to post links to soundcloud ?
This is not what I mean. We all know that there are other sites than Soundcloud to share or to sell music. Similarly, if someone asks a question about music theory (for example), it seems obvious that there is no problem if you put a link to a site that provides some answers.

I think the only thing these fake users are looking for is someone who will click on these links. The blah blah around these links is only powder to the eyes to fall asleep the forum users. You can see that when someone answers these fake users, they do not respond (they usually do not write more than one message per false account). It is even possible that these fake users are bots (which could explain the interventions completely off-topic, Idk). So, why respond to a bot? Or why to respond to someone who will not read/answer you? You could answer me that it might interest other users, ok, but letting these fake accounts swarm, it will become hell here.

Personally, when I receive unwanted advertising in my mailbox, I immediately throw it in the trash. Likewise, when a company phones me to sell me anything, I do not waste my time listening to it.

It is true that we take the risk of banning someone who comes for "good reasons", but how could this person justify the presence of advertising links for applications or other products unrelated to LMMS or music, and this from his first message?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:01 am
This is not what I mean.
Im repeating my self. there is only o n e correct way to react, when something fishy appears:

Click on the report button

We all use the Quote-button. The report-button is just 3 buttons to the left..

That said, it is too strange that Add-bots should formulate a real logical and relevant question. I also saw one that linked to 3 completely free Apps for android. That is totally ok on some boards, and i believe this Q to be legit, but made by a user who created an account, without knowing this boards rules, or not bothering to read them :p
On top of that, some has erroneously posted qs on conversion of files. That i believe is some kind of confusing. Not malicious spam. Those otoh comes wearing nike-shoes.. :'/
I agree with bear. There is a possibility, that this one, might be a real legit user.
On top of that, he has two warnings already.

Hopefully he responds soon.