Unable to load vst in rc7

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have used every RC now and not once have I been able to load a vst with vestige. If I open a project made in 1.1.3 my vst works but loading a new vst into an existing or new project is a fail. It shows the loading popup for 1 second and then nothing. Vestige shows no vst loaded. I'm running 64 bit xubuntu 18.04. Is there a problem with wine stable vs staging implementation? Or is it because I have 1.1.3 installed? I'm not removing it by the way since it's the only one that works for me.
tjlazer wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:37 pm
Or is it because I have 1.1.3 installed?
I would say Yes, it is a conflict between the settings for 1.1.3 and RC, in your configuration-file -The often mentioned 'dot-file'
.lmmsrc.xml
Well, I removed 1.1.3 after making this post. RC7 still didn't work. Reinstalled 1.1.3, tried everything to reinstall vst support but nothing. So I reinstalled my entire os. RC7 works but now I get random hanging. Even when I open no projects or instruments. Just them default template. The same type of random hanging with cpu spikes I got in 1.1.3 from time to time. But I can live with that I guess as I have been using lmms for years and that's the way it's always been, even on different hardware and wine versions.
tjlazer wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 am
So I reinstalled my entire os.
: :
random hanging with cpu spikes
Honestly, you should not have that, unless what you actually see, is LMMS making security backups!
Writing a large backupfile to disk, does make the CPU spike shortly. When it is known why, it is not inconvenient, but if not understood, it looks like a 'hang'. The settings for backups is on the very first page in LMMS "Performance-Settings"
Here you can control the time between auto-backups, and enable the feature.
If this is not the reason, i would believe you have a WINE issue..