[SOLVED] MIDI-files loading issue. Please, help!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I tried to load the MIDI and it said me that I need SoundFont or something. So I downloaded the General SoundFont and set it as general MIDI player in settings.

So I tried to load the MIDI again, but each time the loading reaches 53%, it just freezes. When I'm trying to wait, my laptop starting to heat very badly, and when I'm trying to close the loading window or the program, it just "not responsing".

My laptop is not bad at all, especially for music production. If You need my PC characteristics:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2350M (2.30GHz).
RAM: 8GB.
Graphics Card: GeForce 610M.
LeMustage wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm
loading reaches 53%, it just freezes.
Sound like you are using an old version of lmms. Get the newest for windows here, -make backups! and reinstall

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome LeMustage !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm
LeMustage wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm
loading reaches 53%, it just freezes.
Sound like you are using an old version of lmms. Get the newest for windows here, -make backups! and reinstall

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome LeMustage !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Hi, @musikbear! I'm using the latest version of LMMS (1.1.3). I think, I've resolved my problem with just waiting for finishing loading :lol:. It loads very long!

Topic resolved!

...By the way...
I'm new here as you said and I need a small help:
In AudioFile Processor, or in all other plugins, how to change pitch or it's octave? I've added custom sound in AFP and it sounds too high-pitched
:!:.

Thanks for everything!
LeMustage wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm
In AudioFile Processor, or in all other plugins, how to change pitch or it's octave? I've added custom sound in AFP and it sounds too high-pitched[/i] :!:.
Most LMMS synths have a PITCH knob (just to the right of VOL and PAN).
The PITCH values are measured in hundredths of a semitone.
By default, the RANGE of the PITCH = 1 semitone and can go up to 24 semitones (12 semitones=1 octave).

You can also tune some synths via the plugin tab.
- For example, in the Triple Oscillator, you can tune each of the three oscillators via the CRS knob (from -24 to +24 semitones).
- The FL knob (from -100 to +100 hundredths of a semitone) allows you to act on the left channel.
- The FR knob allows you to act on the right channel.

In LMMS, you also have effects that allow you to tune your synths.
So, via the FX tab of the synths or via FX CHAIN of the mixer, you can access the following effects:
- AM pitchshifter
- Higher Quality Pitch Scaler
- Pitch Scaler
- TAP Pitch Shifter

With AudioFileProcessor, when you use the Piano-Roll, if you place a note on A4 (La4), you will hear the sample as it was recorded.
- For the example, let's say that the sample lasts 1 second.
- If you place a note an octave above, the sample will be played twice as fast, its duration will be 0.5 seconds, the pitch will be higher.
- If you place a note an octave below, the sample will be played twice as slowly, its duration will be 2 seconds, the pitch will be lower.
- The more you move away from the default pitch value, the better the quality of the sound will be degraded. This is especially "true" with lower pitch, and with bad quality sample.

Another way to play with the pictch is as follows. This is valid for all LMMS synths. When you open a synth, for example the TripleOscillator, you can see a keyboard (piano keys) at the bottom of its interface. By default, above the A4 note (La4), there is a small square (green in LMMS 1.1.3 or gray in beta versions of LMMS 1.2).
- When you press the Y key on your keyboard, you play that note.
- Now, if you move this small green/gray square to the right, for example an octave above, when you press the Y key, you get an A3 (La3), a note one octave below.
- Similarly if you move this small green/gray square to the left, for example an octave below, and you press the Y key, you get an A5 (La5), a note one octave above.
- This is useful if you are using your AZERTY/QWERTY keyboard or any master keyboard.
LeMustage wrote:
I'm using the latest version of LMMS (1.1.3). : : It loads very long!
Yes it 1.1.3 is very slow! -And that is why i recommend you to get the newest RC of LMMS
1.1.3 is our newest Official release, but.. in honesty it is not recommended any more!
3 days ago a new RC was released. At the moment we do recommend that, albeit it is very new, it does look both stable and has a lot of improvements, one of witch is loading time of MIDI-files!
It is lightning fast!
I strongly recommend you to get the correct version (x32 or x64) here:
https://lmms.io/download/#windows
Use the Orange buttons!

I believe Ipsum gave you all you need, in respect to AudioFile Processor :)

In respect General LMMS usage Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
musikbear wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:14 pm
LeMustage wrote:
I'm using the latest version of LMMS (1.1.3). : : It loads very long!
Yes it 1.1.3 is very slow! -And that is why i recommend you to get the newest RC of LMMS
1.1.3 is our newest Official release, but.. in honesty it is not recommended any more!
3 days ago a new RC was released. At the moment we do recommend that, albeit it is very new, it does look both stable and has a lot of improvements, one of witch is loading time of MIDI-files!
It is lightning fast!
I strongly recommend you to get the correct version (x32 or x64) here:
https://lmms.io/download/#windows
Use the Orange buttons!

I believe Ipsum gave you all you need, in respect to AudioFile Processor :)

In respect General LMMS usage Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
Hey, is downloading the Beta version now impossible? I just found that there is no orange button to download, and the latest version is 1.2.0.
LeMustage wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 am
Hey, is downloading the Beta version now impossible? I just found that there is no orange button to download, and the latest version is 1.2.0.
Yes! We are now on Official release of 1.2.0 Our newest and most advanced release. Beta is history, so go get the 1.2.0, and enjoy

( Older versions incl all RC's can still be found, but its the 1.2.0 that is best! )
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:08 pm
LeMustage wrote:
In AudioFile Processor, or in all other plugins, how to change pitch or it's octave? I've added custom sound in AFP and it sounds too high-pitched[/i] :!:.
Thank you so much for this information. I used the method of moving the square above the instrument keyboard and all is now as it should be.

Most LMMS synths have a PITCH knob (just to the right of VOL and PAN).
The PITCH values are measured in hundredths of a semitone.
By default, the RANGE of the PITCH = 1 semitone and can go up to 24 semitones (12 semitones=1 octave).

You can also tune some synths via the plugin tab.
- For example, in the Triple Oscillator, you can tune each of the three oscillators via the CRS knob (from -24 to +24 semitones).
- The FL knob (from -100 to +100 hundredths of a semitone) allows you to act on the left channel.
- The FR knob allows you to act on the right channel.

In LMMS, you also have effects that allow you to tune your synths.
So, via the FX tab of the synths or via FX CHAIN of the mixer, you can access the following effects:
- AM pitchshifter
- Higher Quality Pitch Scaler
- Pitch Scaler
- TAP Pitch Shifter

With AudioFileProcessor, when you use the Piano-Roll, if you place a note on A4 (La4), you will hear the sample as it was recorded.
- For the example, let's say that the sample lasts 1 second.
- If you place a note an octave above, the sample will be played twice as fast, its duration will be 0.5 seconds, the pitch will be higher.
- If you place a note an octave below, the sample will be played twice as slowly, its duration will be 2 seconds, the pitch will be lower.
- The more you move away from the default pitch value, the better the quality of the sound will be degraded. This is especially "true" with lower pitch, and with bad quality sample.

Another way to play with the pictch is as follows. This is valid for all LMMS synths. When you open a synth, for example the TripleOscillator, you can see a keyboard (piano keys) at the bottom of its interface. By default, above the A4 note (La4), there is a small square (green in LMMS 1.1.3 or gray in beta versions of LMMS 1.2).
- When you press the Y key on your keyboard, you play that note.
- Now, if you move this small green/gray square to the right, for example an octave above, when you press the Y key, you get an A3 (La3), a note one octave below.
- Similarly if you move this small green/gray square to the left, for example an octave below, and you press the Y key, you get an A5 (La5), a note one octave above.
- This is useful if you are using your AZERTY/QWERTY keyboard or any master keyboard.