Piano notes cut off

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Basically I have this problem:
When I tried making chords in piano roll I noticed that notes would play only for the designated duration. Then they just suddenly cut off. When you play a certain note on a real piano it's still audible when you move your finger. Anyone know how to fix this?
AndrewWMS wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Basically I have this problem:
When I tried making chords in piano roll I noticed that notes would play only for the designated duration. Then they just suddenly cut off. When you play a certain note on a real piano it's still audible when you move your finger. Anyone know how to fix this?
Welcome!

I guess you did not activate the volume envelope accessible via Envelope, Filter & LFO tab (assuming you do not use Sample Track, GIG Player, Sf2 Player, VeSTige and ZynAddSubFX).

I advise you to try the following values:
- AMT = 1
- DEL = 0
- ATT = 0
- HOLD = 0
- DEC = 0
- SUST = 1
- REL = a value greater than 0, depending on what you are looking for.

Then you have the option to automate the REL parameter.

With Sample Track, you can not do anything.
With GIG Player, I do not know, I've never used it.
With Sf2 Player, you can not do anything.
With VeSTige, it depends on whether VST allows you to manipulate the release of the volume envelope.
With ZynAddSubFX, you have to enter its interface and work on the release of the volume envelope.

Does this answer your problem?
AndrewWMS wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm
:
Ipsum is on the dot!
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome AndrewWMS !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
"Welcome!

I guess you did not activate the volume envelope accessible via Envelope, Filter & LFO tab (assuming you do not use Sample Track, GIG Player, Sf2 Player, VeSTige and ZynAddSubFX).

I advise you to try the following values:
- AMT = 1..."
Thanks a lot! I can still see the problem but now I understand what's causing it. I did exactly as you said and now only shorter notes get " cut off ". I can make music in my genre now! Thanks again
AndrewWMS wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Thanks a lot! I can still see the problem but now I understand what's causing it. I did exactly as you said and now only shorter notes get " cut off ". I can make music in my genre now! Thanks again
If you still experience this problem with the shortest notes, I think you have at least two possibilities:
- lengthen them in the piano-roll
- Automate the REL of the volume envelope, with a higher value for short notes and a smaller value for long notes.

Concerning automation, you have two possibilities:
- draw it with the mouse
- record it (via right clicking on the automation block that you place in the Song Editor)

The easiest way, in my opinion, is to record it and then edit it with the mouse.

For the recording, do not forget to define in the automation block the Q (quantization) and the type of curve (discrete , linear or cubic progression).

If you encounter some difficulties, do not hesitate to ask (all questions deserve an answer) ;)