Akai mpk mini II show up but doesnt play

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a couple of MIDI keyboards and helped one or two other people with theirs. But I don't remember an Akai MPK Mini. I never had any trouble getting any of mine to connect to LMMS 1.1.3 or later RC versions so that doesn't really help..

All I can think of to ask is the usual...what version of Windows and what version of LMMS are you trying. Also what LMMS instrument are you trying to connect it to. Some things like SampleTrack and Beat/Basslines just don't accept MIDI. But I just tried my M_Audio with LMMS RC7 x64 and it's fine. I did have a puzzled minute or two until I remembered that LMMS doesn't like you hot-plugging MIDI devices. The keyboard should be plugged in BEFORE you start LMMS or it may not find it. But I doubt if any of that helps.

Steve
musikbear wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:00 pm
Ghinder88 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 pm
I have been able to connect the midi to mpc essentials.
That rules out flawed cables and connectors, so good!
lmms doesnt show the midi as input..
Not good!
It is really strange. Have you tried to get new drivers? I think you should try to get in contact with AKAI. Explain what you have done and post on an AKAI forum. As i said, there must be users of LMMS there too, and i think that is your best chance. Almost sure it has to do with windows and drivers.. You said "Windows" but which one and in what ed. ?

you said you followed the guide (witch not really good...) At what step in the guide, does your fail happen?

This would be much simpler, if i owned a midiKB, but i dont, so i cant even make experiments :'/
At the end I have tried with the beta version and it works, it seems to be a problem with the stable one! THanks for the support in every case, really appreciated
Ghinder88 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:17 pm
the beta version works
..C... -i just dont know why that wasent address ealier.. Stupid me!
I assumed you had our newest release -oh well :|
So this mean, that i can add Akai mpk mini II as a working midiKB with LMMS?
This Akai mpk mini II topic was quite interesting.

Hey, didn't we have a semi old topic on this forum, where users posted their keyboards etc.
that worked well in Lmms?
It would be good to have this one, added to that list. That is, if we can find that topic. :P

Know what, I think I'll try to search for it. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:38 am
Know what, I think I'll try to search for it. :)
I have added the list to wiki, and i have added a new topic for this purpose
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... _keyboards

http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29310

..the old one... Could not find it ..fgabi
Cool! Nice one bear.