Akai mpk mini II show up but doesnt play

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have followed the instructions to connect the midi keyboard to the program and I have found it as a output but if I push a button it doesnt play! It's not the volume… what can I do? It's a akai mpk mini II
Ghinder88 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm
I have followed the instructions to connect the midi keyboard to the program
Then there is not much to say, except
* are the 'instructions' Ours? : https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
* Can you connect and play the keyboard with an other program?
* Are all drivers updated?
* Have you tried to shut everything down, and cold-boot your pc?
* What is your OS?

I hope an owner of that midiKB chimes in, and deliver the crucial tip!

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Ghinder88 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 am
Ghinder88 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 pm
I have followed the instructions to connect the midi keyboard to the program
Then there is not much to say, except
* are the 'instructions' Ours? : https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI
* Can you connect and play the keyboard with an other program?
* Are all drivers updated?
* Have you tried to shut everything down, and cold-boot your pc?
* What is your OS?

I hope an owner of that midiKB chimes in, and deliver the crucial tip!

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Ghinder88 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Thanks for the answer! The instructions are yours and for the moment no I havent Been able to play it on any software... I have different issues with mpc essentials! With lmmsthe problem is that i cant pur the midi board as input but only as output...
You still have not told us you're operating system.

Linux, Mac , Windows ?
Gps wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 pm
You still have not told us you're operating system.

Linux, Mac , Windows ?
ahah sorry, Windows
So this kb: Image
Looks like it has a drumpad too(?) But:
Ghinder88 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm
different issues with mpc essentials!
You also have a mpc essentials -eg this one shown here:
-and you want both to be connected -right?
musikbear wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 am
So this kb: Image
Looks like it has a drumpad too(?) But:
Ghinder88 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm
different issues with mpc essentials!
You also have a mpc essentials -eg this one shown here:
-and you want both to be connected -right?
Nono, only the MPK mini, mpc essentials it's the programm that has been given to me by akai but I like LMMS more… Yes the mpk has also a drumpad 2x4. I have tried again and it Always shows the mpk as output midi but not as input midi
Ghinder88 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:53 am
Nono, only the MPK mini, mpc essentials it's the programm that has been given to me by akai
Ohhh! So mpc essentials is in fact a DAW-program that is shipped with your midiKB, and you cant get any sound out of that either? Right!
Then i think you should try :
1) Driver update! Visit an AKAI tech page with a forum, and explain that in win10, you cant get your KB to play in mpc essentials -That is pure AKAI and they should be helpful, you can also ask in the forum for users of LMMS.

If that does not lead to anything -try:
2) an other cable between pc and your midiKB, it may 'show up' but the actual usage could be botched..

Anywitch, your number one priority, is to get sound with mpc essentials, because that is suppose to be a given thing! Before you have that, you cant expect anything from any other program, neither LMMS.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm
Ghinder88 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:53 am
Nono, only the MPK mini, mpc essentials it's the programm that has been given to me by akai
Ohhh! So mpc essentials is in fact a DAW-program that is shipped with your midiKB, and you cant get any sound out of that either? Right!
Then i think you should try :
1) Driver update! Visit an AKAI tech page with a forum, and explain that in win10, you cant get your KB to play in mpc essentials -That is pure AKAI and they should be helpful, you can also ask in the forum for users of LMMS.

If that does not lead to anything -try:
2) an other cable between pc and your midiKB, it may 'show up' but the actual usage could be botched..

Anywitch, your number one priority, is to get sound with mpc essentials, because that is suppose to be a given thing! Before you have that, you cant expect anything from any other program, neither LMMS.

I have been able to connect the midi to mpc essentials, but I really dont like that daw… I would love to use lmms but it doesnt show the midi as input..
Ghinder88 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 pm
I have been able to connect the midi to mpc essentials.
That rules out flawed cables and connectors, so good!
lmms doesnt show the midi as input..
Not good!
It is really strange. Have you tried to get new drivers? I think you should try to get in contact with AKAI. Explain what you have done and post on an AKAI forum. As i said, there must be users of LMMS there too, and i think that is your best chance. Almost sure it has to do with windows and drivers.. You said "Windows" but which one and in what ed. ?

you said you followed the guide (witch not really good...) At what step in the guide, does your fail happen?

This would be much simpler, if i owned a midiKB, but i dont, so i cant even make experiments :'/