RC 7 on Linux export bug ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am trying to export a track to wav. This works but I have some crackling stutter issues.

Never had this problem before, ( rc3 rc 5 ) I am confused. 99% of the render is correct.

One thing I can think off, is that some of my sample have some crackling in it, because those samples are clearly recorded from vynil. I can hear some crackling when I listen in lmms, but the stutter in the export is also at spots were no sample is playing. The audio file processor is used for the samples.

Before I only had this issues when other programs were running too ( like chrome or Firefox ) in the back ground. So this days I reboot the pc, and only start lmms when I want to export a track, and make sure not to touch the mouse or keyboard during export.

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/th ... midi-remix

at 3:21 for example.
at 5:37
Tried RC 5, no difference.

I suspect it has something to do with automation, on the audio file processor.
Why ? because the start of some of them seem to match some of the distortion.

Also want to test to render a version of the track with no samples from kraze and gonna try to render some other tracks, to narrow down the problem. It might be just with this track
Maybe its time to dust out pc again.

To be continued.
Some good news :)

I exported a different cover (vangelis alpha not finished ) which is 4 min long with RC - 7 .

Not one stutter nor any distortion. So that at least rules out my hardware and probably RC - 7.

So the problem is most likely just with this The party - cover. :D

That for now is a re-leave.
Gps wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:20 pm
to do with automation, on the audio file processor
what dials are automating?
Remember the vid i made about multi-clips
I got away with automation on start- & end-points, but ayk, im on windows, so it could be a different ballgame on linux

If you can isolate this in a demo-project, please do..
Its the volume, but I have not yet narrowed the problem down yet.

It also does not seem to happen at the same spot every time, to make things even more complicated.

That was also why I got worried about my hardware.

Did one test with deleting two automation tracks, that did not make a difference.
I would like to watch youre vid again, but have no idea which one you mean?
Gps wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:53 pm
Its the volume,
Volume -even 8|
Then my vid ....sorry for forgetting the link -is not all that relevant. I automate the start-end-points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHhGmvF__k
It also does not seem to happen at the same spot
That was also why I got worried about my hardware.
Are you online? Could be a spike from 'something' ..

Random bugs are plain and simple horrible!
You can believe the time i have spend looking for rand-bugs
If you linken me to your project, i could try to export, but it will be no good, cause i ofcause do not have your VSts samples aso.. so wont give any answers at all :'/

Beside all this. The track on SC is good! Tremendous job! -However, i would do something HP or treble work on the vocals, because they are 'bassy' in a murky way
Not 100% happy about the samples, although they should be 320 kbps mp3. ( best quality, I could find )

Had different ones before and I think these sound better. The file size also seem to indicate its 320 kpbs.

Will try some more fiddling on them. In the original they sound much better.

Need to find motivation, but probably need to delete tracks until I can export fine.

First thing I might try is to delete all automation, then maybe all plugins. ( first save under a different name off course )

Or start over in a new project, and copy paste the piano roll parts into it, and rebuild the track. ( I hope it won't come to that :P)