Connect mute and solo track to controller

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

I have a newbie question, sorry if it has been answered before but I couldn't find a solution in the forums so far.

I would like to connect the "mute track" and "solo track" in the song editor to buttons to a midi controller. It only seems to work with knobs (CC) and not with note events. When I connect it to a knob on my midi controller, it only seems to toggle on for one specific value from 0 to 127, which makes it impossible to work with.

Is there any way to connect to a note event to toggle on/off these functions ?
dubbitywap wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 am
Hello!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum dubbitywap !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I would like to connect the "mute track" and "solo track" in the song editor to buttons to a midi controller.
I hope i understand this correctly, and this will answer your question..
Toggles are on/off settings. In computing that means 1 or 0
The trick is that the very light-diode, that is actually a real LMMS-controller, and you can automate it!

Place an automation-track in song-editor and drag the On/Off-diode into the automation-track. That will create a 0..1 spanning automation-block!
Open it, and place pointt at 0 Where you want to mute, and points at 1, where you want to toggle to un-mute

If that was hard to understand, let me know, i can make a gif or a vid :)
Thank you for your quick reply. If I understand correctly, the automation editor changes the value as a function of time in a song. I understand that I can use the automation editor to toggle the mute/solo button at various points during a song.

I am actually not writing a song at all. I am using LMMS for live performance. What I would like to do is to load up a bunch of instruments and mute or unmute or solo each one using a different button on my midi keyboard, so that I can play an unlimited number of different instruments with the same midi keyboard. What I would like to do, for example, is to load a piano, a bass, a drumkit, and a trumpet soundfont. I will then hook them all up to the same keyboard, and be able to toggle which one generates a sound with different buttons on my midi controller, so that I can layer them or mute them at will.

Is this something that can be done?
dubbitywap wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am
mute or unmute or solo each one using a different button on my midi keyboard,
Ohh, thatta way..
No, thats something i doubt is possible. I dont own a midiKB, so i have not looked into the depth of kb usage, but i cant see a way to do what you want, in native lmms.
Improving live possibilities is one of many focus-points, and even though it has its own topic in dev-forum, nothing is Scheduled