Add effect to Beat/Bassline and split audio?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
How do I change the FX channel for the Beat/Bassline, I can't find anywhere to do this? I need to put some EQ on the drums.
And is there a way to split audio-file with vocals in LMMS?
color wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:05 pm
How do I change the FX channel for the Beat/Bassline
You assign a track in Beat/Bassline-editor, exactly as in song-editor.
Click the cog-wheel, and chose either a free FX-channel, or the prefered option "Assign-to-new-FX-channel"

LMMS cant split vocals from instrumental. I dont know any program that can do that. If you have a karaoke instrumental, you can subtract that from a full song. The vocals are somewhat muffled. Audacity can do that.
Thank you. I didn't think off clicking on the wheel. It works perfect.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:04 am
LMMS cant split vocals from instrumental. I dont know any program that can do that. If you have a karaoke instrumental, you can subtract that from a full song. The vocals are somewhat muffled. Audacity can do that.
I don't want to split vocals from instrumental, I want to split the vocals in a few places, for exemple, in one song I'm working with I want to split it in three places. There is a part in the middle that I want in the beginning and the refrain do I want to chop up and delete 2 parts.

Before and after. (Still don't know how to do it) I have opened and split the vocals where I want in audacity to get what I'm looking for and its a bit messy and sometimes I only need the end of a scentence if I want to do a delay effect or something. :)

Is it possible?
You can't, the most similar way is doing an automation on the mute button. Or cut it in audacity and import different tracks.
H4CKTON3 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:01 pm
You can't, the most similar way is doing an automation on the mute button. Or cut it in audacity and import different tracks.
Just like I did, then I have to continue with it. Hope it will be a feature in a near future. It would be awesome and so mutch easier. :D
H4CKTON3 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:01 pm
You can't,
..well Hackton3 is not entirely correct. You can, but it is only possible with clips in Audiofileplayer AFP. I have made a video of how to here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHhGmvF__k
color wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:58 pm
Hope it will be a feature in a near future.
methods to slice blocks, will come -one day
And that day I will be more happy than ever! :) I hope there will be a better way to move the audio later. Click Mouse + Alt + Ctrl and move to get it to match perfect, when moving it one bar if I need to it reset and makes the clip at the beginning of the block, and thats not good, specially when moving alots of audio clips.

Also, I do got a few songs (not many) that is in not full like 140 ot 141 but in 140,576. Why? I don't know, but Is there a way to change the speed to something between? Otherwise the speed can be changed in audacity but my math is not that great to understand how to change the speed. :P
color wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm
Is there a way to change the speed to something between?
No sorry. No methods for that
Hello Again internet!

I still use LMMS, but I have not been so mutch at the computer for a while now.

One problem I do often get is accouly when importing acapella, I do try to split the main and refrain, but sometimes I do need to open and edit the acapella in audacity a few more times just for splitting.

However, when I need to shorten the acapella I can pull in the audio bar (or whats it called) from the right, but not from the left? That could accouly fix the problem if a splitting tool is not added.

And thank you for this great awesome program! Without it I would not have a life creating music. I would say LMMS is mutch better than the expensive program I did use in the past!