ZynAddSubFX not displaying library in VeSTige

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi! I'm new to LMMS, and music producing in general. So, this may or may not be a newbie mistake.

Every time I open ZynAddSubFX in VeSTige, it doesn't display any of the instruments in its bank. Literally none, I get a blank slate. But when I open it outside of LMMS, I can see all its instruments perfectly well, and they work like a charm.

I am thoroughly frustrated and confused, and I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried this in three releases of ZynAddSubFX; 2.2.0, 2.4.1.480, and 2.4.1.505.

All of them are doing the same thing, except for 2.2.0, which flat-out refuses to open, giving me an error message reading this.

Code: Select all

The VST-plugin C:/Users/Owner/lmms/plugins/ZynAddSubFX/zynaddsubfx.exe could not be loaded for some reason. If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS developer!
The 2.4.1.480 and 2.4.1.505 releases give me this error message.

Code: Select all

Warning! Searched for [C:\ZynAddSubFX\zynaddsubfxXML.cfg]. Failed to find appropriate cfg file. Loading defaults! Also writing the cfg file now, with the default parameters!
The plugin then loads, but will not play or display any of its instruments except the default synth.

Please help, I am really really angry and frustrated at this, and NOTHING I'm doing works.

However, on another note, I've come to absolutely adore LMMS so far! Wonderful program! I just really really reeaallly need an overdriven heavy metal guitar sound in this one song I'm working on, and as far as I can tell ZynAddSubFX is the only way to really achieve it. Unless there's some kind of effect chain I can apply to a soundfont? I've been dreaming heavy metal violins lately too.
DisposableScissors wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm
Hi! I'm new to LMMS, and music producing in general.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum DisposableScissors !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

Every time I open ZynAddSubFX in VeSTige,
Oh! you are not suppose to use Vestige for ZynAddSubFX!
ZynAddSubFX is build in with factory LMMS, and you use the ZynAddSubFX container/ instrument
to load ZynAddSubFX-presets
The team behind ZynAddSubFX are a couple of steps infront the release LMMS can use, but you can load older ZynAddSubFX-dll's and here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrl3OiiJvM
I describe and explain how to do that
need an overdriven heavy metal guitar sound : : as far as I can tell ZynAddSubFX is the only way to really achieve it.
Unless there's some kind of effect chain I can apply
::
dreaming heavy metal violins lately too.
One of 'our' things is that we do not like bundled questions, because all answer is buried into an irrelevant heading, and 'lost'
For that reason i would like you to make a new question about these heavyMethal vibes, i do know some ways, you may like to listen to a demo i made here: https://soundcloud.com/musikbear/rockpatn

When it comes to specific sounds we ask: Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
Like @2:32 -> 2:55

Im a bit curious about the "heavy metal violins" :o
Gee, thanks man! I really really appreciate it. Sorry to bug you with something so trivial. You're awesome!