How Large is Too Large of a File?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,

Some friends and I are starting a podcast, and I'm trying to use LMMS to edit and piece together the intro, body, and outro we recorded. The first and third of these work fine, the longer of the two only being about eight seconds. However, the body ended up being an hour and two minutes exactly. A tall order, I'm aware, but I'm a little annoyed about how it's responding.
I'll create a sample track, and I read somewhere that you have to give the track enough room for the entire length of the sample. So I'll spend a good few minutes dragging out the sample track to around 3,800 seconds for good measure, double-click the track, and the select the file. Immediately after, the once-mile-long track shoots back to about two seconds long, with no audio to play. LMMS acts like nothing happened, and when I try to upload it again, or delete it for that matter, my cursor makes a little loading wheel (which freezes immediately) and the software closes down.
Anybody else experienced a similar issue, hopefully found a solution? Or even an alternative platform for larger files. I'd be very appreciative.
tmiles01 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 am
Hi all,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum tmiles01 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
an hour and two minutes
: :
even an alternative platform for larger files.
Wooo.. 62 mins, yes an 'alternative' is the right way to go:

..afair LMMS RC7 had buffer extended to ~ 50 mins -Imha ridiculously long, but what do i know...
No- LMMS is definitively not suited to wavefile editing, and has never been intended to be!
You need real purpose aimed software Audacity is freeware, and can do a lot to sounds, including stitching
How Large is Too Large of a File?
In lmms-1.2 (available as beta) the hard coded max limits are 90 minutes in length and 300MB in size. Earlier versions has a 100MB size limit only. The crash you experienced sound like you used lmms-1.1.3 and tried to open a file larger than 100MB and this issue has been fixed. Try the beta instead. Currently versioned lmms-1.2.0-rc7.
https://lmms.io/download/ (orange button)