How to send midi clock (time signature) out?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey, I have LMMS set up to send out midi notes to a syth, but I need to send the midi clock to get the syth's arpeggiator in sync. Is there a way to send the midi clock out to a midi channel?
safacon wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:22 am
Hey,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum safacon !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Is there a way to send the midi clock out to a midi channel?
I really doubt it. -And i also think your approach is strange.
What HW are you using with LMMS?
The way DAW-midi works, is that you make a input from the MIDI-HW, into the PC, that is running the DAW.
The DAW will then process this input, and you will hear the sound in the speakers, connected to your PC.
If you like to create an arpeggio, you let the DAW process the input, through am arpeggio gadget in the DAW (All LMMS instruments has an arpeggio-gadget, so does most VSTs).
The arpeggio capability in your MIDI-keyboard, is not supposed to be used at all, when you connect to a DAW in a PC, that is for solo-play on the MIDI-keyboard!
What is the brand and name of your MIDI-keyboard?
It isn't a Midi controller that I need to sync. It is a hardware sythesizer (Nord rack 2x, JV-2080). Features on the synth can use the midi clock to make the synth patch timings in sync with the MIDI master (LMMS in this case). Synth timings like LFO rate, delay rate, arpeggiator, etc can be sync'd this way(which is trivial to do with a sequencer/drum machine).
safacon wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:25 pm
It is a hardware sythesizer (Nord rack 2x, JV-2080).
This one?
safacon wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:22 am
Is there a way to send the midi clock out to a midi channel?
I don't think so. We currently don't send midi clock.