LMMS Audio settings crash on start

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I just installed the AppImage for the new version. Have not used lmms before. I was trying to get it working with jack to input midi from my keyboard and output audio to my system. On the midi page I was able to select jack midi and connect through jack2, qjackctl, and a2jmidid. So connecting midi worked. It was also not outputting sound at all. So I changed the setting on the audio tab to alsa and something else. Now I can't start lmms, crash on start. I see it in jack for a second before it goes away. I tried uninstalling the appimage and reinstalling and it is still crashing. Is there really no log file to post?
Start the appimage from the command-line ?
Try removing the configuration file in your HOME ~/.lmmsrc.xml to clear the settings so you can start lmms again. Or rename it to something like .lmmsrc.xmlBACKUP if you want to access the settings. It's in a human readable form.
davis123 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:33 pm
Is there really no log file to post?
Apart from whatever info you get when running it from the command-line, as suggested, no. Not unless you compile lmms from source (with debug flags set) and start it under the gnu debugger. Do you compile from source?