MIDI export problem

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
I'm currently working on a project with a real pianist. We recorded his song in LMMS (MIDI) with a MIDI keyboard.
Until now I fixed all the wrong notes and so on.
So I wanted to export the song in MIDI (it was just one track with a piano vst in it)
Then I imported the MIDI again in LMMS and noticed that the note velocities were cut of at 100%
So nearly all the dynamic range was gone (in the exported MIDI)

This is a really big project and I don't want to record that song again in FL Studio or something else. I just wanted to export the MIDI and then import it in FL so I can mix and master it. But all the dynamic range is gone.

Here are the pics:

BEFORE EXPORTING (ORIGINAL PROJECT)

AFTER EXPORTING (MIDI FILE IMPORTED IN LMMS)
ACYDE Music wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:26 pm
imported MIDI in LMMS has note velocities cut of at 100%
Autch -that is a bug..
Unless you havent updated yet.. (?)
OS?
LMMS?

But im rather afraid this has not been fixed. I did some import export import back with RC1, and had issues, but then forgot all about it...

One thing that could be of importance, is the MIDI-version. Most basic is MIDI-1 but i believe that MIDI2.1 is available
You could try and see how Anvil read and interpret the orr. MIDI.
I would like to get a piece of recorded MIDI from your collaborator, made exactly as the piece thats now giving these probelms - Best would be the orr. recording, of cause - IM me and let me know
Hello,

I'm using the newest beta version of LMMS (RC7)

I'll send you the original project file.
Should I import the exported MIDI into Anvil?
ACYDE Music wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:07 pm
That is one of the things i planned to do. I also want to see how the file structure of MIDI exported from LMMS looks.
So yes -try that!
One thing i already have found out, is that exported midi, cant be reimported to LMMS. All tracks will end up in one huge helter-skelter track, and be useless.
It will be interesting to see those midi-files indeed, but as i plan to examine the code, i do need the original midi-files! I cant extract the orr. MIDI files from the project :)
So the project is unnecessary, but the original MIDI-recordings are crucial!
Those are the files i need to see.
musikbear wrote:
ACYDE Music wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:07 pm
That is one of the things i planned to do. I also want to see how the file structure of MIDI exported from LMMS looks.
So yes -try that!
One thing i already have found out, is that exported midi, cant be reimported to LMMS. All tracks will end up in one huge helter-skelter track, and be useless.
It will be interesting to see those midi-files indeed, but as i plan to examine the code, i do need the original midi-files! I cant extract the orr. MIDI files from the project :)
So the project is unnecessary, but the original MIDI-recordings are crucial!
Those are the files i need to see.
The problem is that I recorded the midi inside LMMS :/
or should I export the midi from LMMS and then send it to you?
Ok, I think anvil handles the MIDI exactly like FL Studio :/
I clicked on "Properties" on several notes in the midi and they all showed up "Note Volume: 100"
ACYDE Music wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:24 pm
Ohhh! Thatta way!
So lets see if i have understood:
You have a LMMS-project and you have exported that as MIDI-file, and when you RE-import THAT file, INTO lmms, most of the velosities are lost?
So it is a MIDI-file created with LMMS that has this odd behaviour?

That im afraid is spot on my findings with the LMMS-exported midi-file, but it would be interesting to know, if YOU can import your LMMS-exported MIDI-file into separate tracks, because that fails for me, with RC7
Can you?
musikbear wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:01 pm
ACYDE Music wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:24 pm
Ohhh! Thatta way!
So lets see if i have understood:
You have a LMMS-project and you have exported that as MIDI-file, and when you RE-import THAT file, INTO lmms, most of the velosities are lost?
So it is a MIDI-file created with LMMS that has this odd behaviour?

That im afraid is spot on my findings with the LMMS-exported midi-file, but it would be interesting to know, if YOU can import your LMMS-exported MIDI-file into separate tracks, because that fails for me, with RC7
Can you?
I don't know what you mean by "import in seperate tracks"?

Btw, merry christmas!
ACYDE Music wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 pm
Btw, merry christmas!
Merry Christmas!

Separate tracks means correctly imported as one instrument / track, so you will get a project with a correct number of tracks -Eg you exported a 9-track project, and the import shows 9 track.
It does not
There are only one track where all instruments are thrown in a huge mess :/
Serious bug, together with your velositi-bug -even :/
That need to be fixed before 1.2.0official is released
musikbear wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:05 pm
ACYDE Music wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 pm
Btw, merry christmas!
Merry Christmas!

Separate tracks means correctly imported as one instrument / track, so you will get a project with a correct number of tracks -Eg you exported a 9-track project, and the import shows 9 track.
It does not
There are only one track where all instruments are thrown in a huge mess :/
Serious bug, together with your velositi-bug -even :/
That need to be fixed before 1.2.0official is released
Oh, thanks for clarification!
But the pianist and me recorded the whole track into one midi track. So this is the original MIDI recorded on a big MIDI keyboard.