FX Crash

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there me again.

When I go to an instrument and click add effect it all crashes, or slows down so much theres no point so i just close it all.

(new beta version)

help plz..
KnightXx wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:05 pm
click add effect it all crashes, or slows down
That is odd..
Are you trying to load a factory-effect, or is it one you have from an other source?

If you have many zip-files , it will take a while for LMMS to index them, but i wonder if you actually are misinterpreting the situation.
When LMMS opens the ad-effect sub-window, it will not always be brought up as the focused window. Windows prioritize the main-window, and the add-effect-window is placed in tray. That will give the appearance of a hanging program, because LMMS are waiting for input from you. Use Alt+TAB to browse Tray, and see if you window is not down there ..
Let us know the outcome :)

else please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* lmms instrument involved
* lmms FX-preset (if a factory preset is used)
* a screenshots of error-state -if any oddness appear
* names and best download links of the failing vst's-FX if one are used
I don't know what a factory is. I'm just loading effects that comes with lmms.

I did Alt + Tab and nothing happened exempt a thing popping up showing lmms and Firefox I'm really confused :(

I'm using linux and I have 16 gigs of ram
KnightXx wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 am
I'm just loading effects that comes with lmms.
Those are what is known as factory-components -Eg, everything you get included, as you install a program.
I'm using linux and I have 16 gigs of ram
plenty of memory! I am however not a strong linux guide -sorry
I did Alt + Tab and nothing happened exempt a thing popping up showing lmms
That 'thing' could be the hidden window!
If you move your selector you should be able to see how each of the components in tray, are identified by your pc.
If the icon is named "Add Effect" then it is the hidden component, and you should be able to bring it up, by simple selecting.

However there are also an other thing that could be causing this: If you have a wide screen, the component could simply be outside the current view!
Try and scroll the view out right, and there try to bring the Add-effect-window up

I favour the first of these two reasons, because i believe that modal-windows are placed at cursor, also in linux

But on subject of linux
Did you install the AppImage of linux, or do you have your LMMS from a different source? If so DO install our AppImage of RC7
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage

Dont hesitate to ask again, if needed :)
Thanks for help but it turns out Alt + TAB is a short-cut key in linux mint.

I still have the problem :(

I've installed lmms through the lmms.io page and i got the appimage rc7 for linux.
KnightXx wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:43 pm
Thanks for help but it turns out Alt + TAB is a short-cut key in linux mint.
Yes it should be! But is it the short-cut for looking into the 'tray'?
I found a page with Linux-shortcuts, and here

Super+A : Show the list of applications.

I think that " list of applications " is what you should look at.
If there is a LMMS icon in that list, browse to it and notice what it is named !
You are looking for the component "Add Effect"

Btw ..Did you try scrolling out to the right ?
Sorry, late reply.

I looked at the list of applications and there was nothing named "Add Effect" but i did see 2 running lmms applications and i ended them 1 at a time and the first one nothing happened it just took away the visibility of some buttons and then i ended the other lmms application and it closed the whole thing.

And Yes I scrolled out right. nothing was there :(
KnightXx wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:48 am
I looked at the list of applications and there was nothing named "Add Effect"
Ok, what where they named -Can you take screenshots showing both components with names
i did see 2 running lmms applications and i ended them 1 at a time
Retry, but instead of shutting them down, try to bring them forward.
Take screenshots

Theres the screen shot of what I saw.
I still need help plz awnser