Running Mac VSTs?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm running LMMS on Mac, and I understand that Vestige isn't available on this OS. However, there are sites like DSK Music that offer Mac VSTs, which download as .vst rather than dll. What is the process to running these types of files in LMMS?

Alternatively, is there any way to get any third-party instruments running in LMMS on Mac?
Greninjask wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:34 am
Thanks in advance for the help.
There will be nothing to thank me for, because i have nothing helpful, i am afraid..
MAC support is in its infancy.
You have the engine, and 'some' of the factory-instruments, but even there the VST situation hits usage, because several of the native factory instruments are bases on VST, so in fact only a handful of instruments are available.
In some ways, you could say, that as a MAC user, you are thrown totally back, to the fundamentals!
Because of that, you need to be especially aware of all methods, that can give you better instrument output!
This is one of the most important:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFHDyWGh9c

Doing this on TrippleOSC presets, can give a lot!

You also need to study and understand every setting on those instruments you do have available -Again a kind of fundamental situation.
Mac VSTs, which download as .vst rather than dll. What is the process to running these types of files in LMMS?
LMMS would have had to have a stub for that type of insert, and lmms does not. Again there is no chance!
Alternatively, is there any way to get any third-party instruments running in LMMS on Mac?
Afaid it is the same answer: No stub, no chance.

As MAC user you currently need to look at TrippleOSC as your best option, and it is actually a very good instrument! Great presets can be made.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Greninjask!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions