Instrument samples not looping correctly.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am still fairly new to using LMMS (using a music program to compose in general is new grounds to me) and I have been fiddling around with a soundfont that contains a set every instrument from the original Mega Man X. I have been having a weird issue with them though. The samples aren't looping properly on sustained notes and sound awful. I have been able to circumvent this issue mostly by using the instruments on much lower notes and much shorter uses in general so that I can still get the sound of the note without the ugly loop. Provided below is an example of what it sounds like when I have to work around the length of the loop (depending on which note it's on, as LMMS' method of matching an instrument to a note is to speed the instrument up rather than simply raise the pitch which makes the looping even worse) and the poor loop itself.

MMX Inspired Track (Demo):
https://soundcloud.com/user-514990817/m ... track-demo

The instruments you hear in order of appearance are

Lower D. Guitar (MMX soundfont)
Percussion (MMX soundfont)
Upper D. Guitar (General MIDI Soundfont)
Lower Bass (MMX Soundfont)
Upper O. Guitar (General MIDI Soundfont)

You'll notice the two instruments playing higher notes (Upper D., Upper O.) are both from a general MIDI soundfont even though MMX has it's own Distorted and Overdrive guitar samples. This is because as previously established LMMS' notes system modifies an instrument's speed to change the note rather than modifying the pitch.
RockRedemption wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 am
I am still fairly new to using LMMS (using a music program to compose in general is new grounds to me)
Hi, Welcome to the Forum RockRedemption !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

a soundfont that contains a set every instrument from the original Mega Man X. The samples aren't looping properly on sustained notes and sound awful.
Ok, that could be a faulty sound-font. I will have to test it.
Please post names and best download links of the failing SF, not sure the format is correct/ spported
LMMS' notes system modifies an instrument's speed to change the note rather than modifying the pitch.
Oh Noo -That is solely true for Samples! Alle Instruments allow you to play all notes in correct pitch, and in any length you desire
This is the exact .sf2 I am using:
https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/11

As for whether it's faulty, I don't think so.
Good buddy of mine used the same instruments in FL Studio and they sounded fine.
RockRedemption wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 am
in FL Studio and they sounded fine.
It most definitively does not in LMMS! I am not sure, but it does look like a special type of sf2 build, that is Unknown to LMMS. This is something we need to look at, for now there is no solution -sorry
RockRedemption wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 am
As for whether it's faulty, I don't think so.
Good buddy of mine used the same instruments in FL Studio and they sounded fine.
That is odd, Since this is reported as a FluidSynth fault and has nothing to do with LMMS
Cant help you.
I would like to chime this in aswell, I can convert and export MIDIs directly using the soundfont as the desired conversion thru VirtualMIDISynth and the instruments will play correctly.

I couldn't remember the word, but it's interpolation. There's no interpolation in LMMS to smooth out the sound of the sample. So now I must ask why?

Also on subject it was mentioned earlier that LMMS only modifies speed to match pitch on Samples.
May I ask why samples are processed like this?

I don't want to believe I am being unreasonable when I ask that this ought to be looked into and fixed.
RockRedemption wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 pm
this ought to be looked into and fixed.
Yes, so give it a go!
LMMS is coded by its users