.ddl files and plugins not opening

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

My Lmms won't let me open any .dll files or plugins.

Relatively new to beat making software. I got an eq harp from the file sharing website however I couldn't open it. I got the Nyquist EQ.
Long story short tried to open it but for some reason every plugin I try to open won't.

Would it be a case of re installing Lmms?

Any help would be appreciated
stan.t0n wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 am
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum stan.t0n!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

My Lmms won't let me open any .dll files or plugins.
Your VSTs dll's must be in the folder defined in your Setup as your VST-library, as shown here:

You should read the chapter about settings too https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LMMS_Settings

Let us know the outcome :)
Are you on Linux, and have you installed wine ?
I don't believe I'm on Linux
New pc so not sure of all its systems yet 😂

I have also set up the directory. But comes up with an error when I try to open any.

I will send a ss through when I get home
I don't have Linux as it is windows, was being thick 😂

When I try to load any .dll it says the file could not be loaded. And if it runs with any other vst software then contact a developer
stan.t0n wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 pm
When I try to load any .dll it says the file could not be loaded.
Are your path correct?

I want you to perform the VST test:
Download MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you just copy it to your path defined VST-folder.
Then you test in a new project
What is the result
musikbear wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am
Your VSTs dll's must be in the folder defined in your Setup as your VST-library, as shown here:
Do they all need that to be in that specific folder to load the VST DLL plug-ins?
Or is it just considered easier to keep them in one place?

I'm running debian linux and I've noticed I can just drag and drop. I navigate to the DLL location from the root directory/drive or from Home. Then I can select the DLL In this case it is the Tone2FireBird plug-in with file name FireBird.dll in the plug-in folder,

Then I can just drag it from that folder and drop it into the Song Editor and access the VST instrument.

Full size image here from LMMS 1.1.3 running on debian 9.6
alexmidi wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 pm
musikbear wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am
Do they all need that to be in that specific folder to load the VST DLL plug-ins?
Or is it just considered easier to keep them in one place?

I'm running debian linux and I've noticed I can just drag and drop. I navigate to the DLL location from the root directory/drive or from Home. Then I can select the DLL In this case it is the Tone2FireBird plug-in with file name FireBird.dll in the plug-in folder,

Then I can just drag it from that folder and drop it into the Song Editor and access the VST instrument.
This works for allot of the vst but some vst need to be in that folder or it wont work.

What wont work ? In the mixer adding effect plugins. They can't be in any other folder, the .dll file needs to be in the specified folder. (path)
( Windows / Linux does not matter for this. )

This will be confusing for new users or less experienced computer users, so that why musicbear said they all need to be in that folder. :)

When I download a new vst and just want to test it, I just leave in the download folder.
If it works fine, I move it to the right place, and then I can also use it in the mixer. :)

The topic starter should for now just ignore this post, and listen to musicbear. :)