Is it possible to install NI Massive on linux?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
First of all, I wanna say I switched to linux recently (ubuntu to be exact) so I'm currently not exactly a linux master or anything like that. My reasons for changing are too much, and I'd rather keep personal.
I used to be a windows user, and on windows I had fl studio. On all my memory on music production, vsts were always .dll files. I tried importing massive.dll into lmms (using vstige) but it gave me an error. I have wine installed which should let me use windows apps, but I guess it doesn't work for vsts???
I'm kinda lost here. I want to know if its possible to load Massive into lmms if you're using linux. If not then, could you lead me to a linux compatible alternative? I want a vst that works for making leads, basses and dubstep screetches and wobbles.
kode binary wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 pm
I tried importing massive.dll into lmms (using vstige) but it gave me an error.
What error do you get?
Take a screenshot!

You say you are on linux, do you use our AppImage of LMMS, or any other pack?
Only the AppImage is recommended
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage


Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome kode binary!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:25 am
kode binary wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 pm
I tried importing massive.dll into lmms (using vstige) but it gave me an error.
What error do you get?
Take a screenshot!

You say you are on linux, do you use our AppImage of LMMS, or any other pack?
Only the AppImage is recommended
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage


Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome kode binary!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Hello, thanks for the response! Here's a screenshot of the error:
Image

I installed lmms through the ubuntu software store
kode binary wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 pm
a screenshot!
I installed lmms through the ubuntu software store
Your picture does not show -read the link i gave you. there you find the correct way to insert pictures.
De-install the ubuntu software store-version, and install our RC8 AppImage, i linked you to
I download the demo version, and I can't install it through wine.

It tells me my operating system is not supported.

Have a looks at ZynAddSubFX , not the easiest zynth but probably one of the best.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:50 pm
kode binary wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 pm
a screenshot!
I installed lmms through the ubuntu software store
Your picture does not show -read the link i gave you. there you find the correct way to insert pictures.
De-install the ubuntu software store-version, and install our RC8 AppImage, i linked you to
Ok! I uninstalled the ubuntu software version and installed the appimage. I opened it and I could tell right from the beginning that the ubuntu software version was outdated, as the appimage version had different visuals. The projects I made on the original loaded and everything seemed to work fine, however, I still can't load a vst! In fact, now it doesn't even give me an error. I try to load a vst but then it just does nothing, not an error, nothing...
kode binary wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:37 am
I still can't load a vst! In fact, now it doesn't even give me an error.
I think you need a different ver. of WINE, also the sequence in the installing of WINE & LMMS matters!
Read:
"Installing LMMS on Linux"
Here: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_LMMS
musikbear wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:56 am
kode binary wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:37 am
I still can't load a vst! In fact, now it doesn't even give me an error.
I think you need a different ver. of WINE, also the sequence in the installing of WINE & LMMS matters!
Read:
"Installing LMMS on Linux"
Here: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_LMMS
I have the correct version of wine installed. I re-installed it and tested it on other apps to be 100% sure! But still no luck. The vsts just won't load. I guess the final troubleshooting I should attempt would be a different vst. I currently have tried massive and synth1. If you have a vst that works for you with lmms, please tell me about it, so I can try it and see if it works for me!
kode binary wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 pm
I have the correct version of wine installed.
Also in right sequence?
If you have a vst that works for you with lmms, please tell me about it,
Yes! Lets test if VST works at all
Try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy it to your folder. -Eg NO installation! Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
kode binary wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:37 pm
I have the correct version of wine installed.
Also in right sequence?

Do you have enabled the Linux option:
"Sync VST plugins to host playback"?
Disable that!
If you have a vst that works for you with lmms, please tell me about it,
Yes! Lets test if VST works at all
Try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy it to your folder. -Eg NO installation! Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win

Who is online

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 173 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests