VST plugins aren't working.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:24 pm
32 Bit: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
64 Bit: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win64.exe

Both are for the new RC8 resp. 32/ 64 bit

DL, install, play.
what is resp? what i am saying is that you told Damon Tatterafield to download RC7 and your telling me to download RC8, why? and what typo are you talking about? according to the LMMS version numbers and release notes though i can see the beta RC8 LMMS version orange button is a later build than the 1.1.3 stable version blue button
You want a working lmms? Then do as musicbear told you :)

resp = respectively

You're windows is 32 or 64 bit so you need the 32 bit or the 64 bit version.

I doubt musicbear told somebody else to download rc 7, but even if he he did you should not worry about it.
Click the orange button which matches you're os. ( windows 32 or 64 bit )
I downloaded LMMS and have spent the last week learning the program which I think is really great! I found many free .wav samples and purchased a couple of sample packs. I created a song and really enjoyed the process and love the LMMS program but much to my horror when I attempted to load some vst effects I discovered that LMMS does not support vst in Mac format which pretty much renders LMMS useless for me. It's a real shame because LMMS is a great program, just not for Mac users. Now begins the search for a similar mac based FREE program.
another VST problem, i have downloaded LMMS version RC8

when you load a VST into LMMS if you drag the VST around LMMS and the bar at the top of the VST UI goes under the LMMS UI and you stop dragging, the VST is stuck there and you can not drag it back out from the position the VST is stuck in because you can only drag the VST around LMMS when you click on the VST UI top frame bar, clicking the LMMS icon on the VST UI i check "stay on top" thinking that that would prevent the problem but it did nothing

Sketch Organ VST top bar showing, giving the ability to click and drag the VST around LMMS
Sketch Organ VST top bar hidden under LMMS UI where you dragged it making the VST unmovable from where you dragged it
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:01 am
VST is stuck there and you can not drag it back out from the position the VST is stuck
When that happens the slide-bar to the right jumps a bit down. Then you can get the window back in position, by grabbing the slider, at the yellow-marker.
Try that
If your VST plugins aren't producing any output because they're opening in the Mixer as an effect plugin refer to the solution