Mapping Nanokey2 keys to different instruments.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Newbie here, I've got a question that I can't seem to find a direct answer to. I just got a Nanokey2 MIDI controller to use with Windows 10 LMMS. Everything seems to work correctly,I can get the right sounds when I use the keyboard with say the triple oscillator, the Kord Editor recognizes the Nanokey2 and lets me edit some of the settings. All said, everything looks like it's working correctly.

But what I can't seem to figure out is how to map the different keys on the keyboard to different instruments in LMMS. So, say I wanted to make a drum beat, With 4 or 5 drum/instruments in the Bass/Beat editor, Bass on track 1, snare on track 2 and a highhat on track 3.... I'd like to map each of those instruments to a separate key on the Nanokey2. I'd swear that I've seen a couple of youtube videos where the person is using different keys to play different instruments, of course I can't find them now, but they never explain how to map the different sounds. And, like I said, the Korg Editor only seems to let you change a few of the setting for the buttons on the left side of the keyboard, and maybe some overall setting for the all the keys at once.

I kind of know what I need to do, just not the details. Everything I've found so far just seems to deal with getting the Nanokey2 connected and being recognized by LMMS. If someone can give me a clue, or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
destes1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:06 pm
Newbie here,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum destes1 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
how to map the different keys on the keyboard to different instruments in LMMS.
Im sorry. That feature does not exists, yet.