Spectrum analyser plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I checked the pathways in settings, dropped DLL files into that location and nothing.

Tried Voxengo also, nothing.

Perhaps it is a Windows 8.1 issue, maybe it can only see what was unpacked originally? I dont know, i am very computer literate, this should be straight forward and does not make any sense to me why i cannot see them.

The only other thing that crossed my mind was a variation in the formatting of the DLL's somehow, that LMMS does not recognise and therefore cannot see.
Incorruptable wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 pm
Tried Voxengo also, nothing.
What other VSTs-effects do you use that DO work?

..... now... its not because the UI opens outside the view.....? Way out to the right on a wide-screen in high resolution... ?
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:35 am

What other VSTs-effects do you use that DO work?

..... now... its not because the UI opens outside the view.....? Way out to the right on a wide-screen in high resolution... ?
So far, anything that i have put into the folder and tried to open using the effects window in FX Channel has not worked.

Anything that i open via Vestige does work.

UI opens in normal view,

This really has me head scratching.

The fact that it behaves the same way with multiple DLL files that will open Via Vestige, leads me to think that LMMS is only reading what files were placed there during the install process, and it cannot see anything that is simply dropped in after, why that is i dont know, but that is the way it is behaving.
Incorruptable wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 am
UI opens in normal view,
You did scroll all to the right and checked?
Also not hidden under other windows?
Think that LMMS is only reading what files were placed there during the install process
No, not at all. All is indexed at every restart

But..
C:/Program files/LMMS/plugins/ladspa

Now i want you to do this
* Go to the root of C and right-click, the choose search
* in the search window type: mda Limiter.dll
Do you have that file in your install?
What folder do you have that file in?
A search of the C drive has returned no results for that file??
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:29 pm

When you say restart, do you mean restart of LMMS or of the entire PC?
Incorruptable wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:56 pm
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:29 pm

When you say restart, do you mean restart of LMMS or of the entire PC?
LMMS

So no MDA files, hmm
I thought those were default too
What VSTs instruments do you use?
musikbear wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:32 pm

LMMS

So no MDA files, hmm
I thought those were default too
What VSTs instruments do you use?
I checked the install on my laptop and PC for that file. It is on neither, would that be a windows issue?

Many VST’s from VST4FREE

Venom303
Sonatina cello
Helix
DSK choirZ
Zynaddsubfx
Organic
Incorruptable wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm
Many VST’s from VST4FREE
Venom303
Sonatina cello
Helix
DSK choirZ
Zynaddsubfx
Organic
Ok -Are all these in the same folder? If so -Try and place SPAN.dll in That folder. Start LMMS and see if it appear on the FX-tab..
I tried that, no sucess.

In fact, none of the inbuilt VST's show up in the effect window of the FX mixer, only the ladspa effects, i tested this by copying, 'kicker' and 'organic' into the ladspa folder where i know the other effects are, not picking them up.

What i have noticed which may give a clue to what is happening, when the effects window displays the content of that folder, the name of the file that is shown on the UI is not the same as the actual file name in the folder, why is that?

Is it reading some information like a title header contained within the DLL and that is not present in the ones i am attempting to add?