Spectrum analyser plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Incorruptable wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:30 am
I tried that, no sucess.
:|
Is it reading some information like a title header contained within the DLL
yes i believe so.

Now i am stumped. I do not have any more ideas. Your issue have beaten me -Sorry
Hi,

I would like to return to this issue, just to make sure we are talking the same language (so to speak, my Danish is non-existent)

‘A spectrum analyser plugin like Voxengo Span for example, in order to work correctly and analyse the entire song as you are playing it needs to be added as an effect on the FX mixer, to do that you need to click on the ‘add effect’ button located at the bottom right corner on the FX mixer, this will bring up a window that prompts you to add an effect, once added, whatever has been assigned to a channel on the FX mixer will be analysed by the plugin you have added.’

Is this correct and how it should work?
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:26 pm
‘A spectrum analyser plugin like Voxengo Span for example, in order to work :: needs to be added as an effect on the FX mixer,
Yes! or you could add it on one instruments FX-tab
to do that you need to
1) Select the bus you want to add Span to (default it would be Master)
2) click on the ‘add effect’ button located at the bottom right corner on the FX mixer, this will bring up a window that prompts you to add an effect, once added, whatever has been assigned to a channel on the FX mixer will be analysed by the plugin you have added.’
Except you left the 'Bus-select' out, then that is correct. You should now see all the bussed frequencies as visual signals on SPAN, when you start replay

I can whip a short video up about this, because it may benefit others..
https://youtu.be/vXYT-l7JbHA
musikbear wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:26 pm
‘A spectrum analyser plugin like Voxengo Span for example, in order to work :: needs to be added as an effect on the FX mixer,
Yes! or you could add it on one instruments FX-tab
to do that you need to
1) Select the bus you want to add Span to (default it would be Master)
2) click on the ‘add effect’ button located at the bottom right corner on the FX mixer, this will bring up a window that prompts you to add an effect, once added, whatever has been assigned to a channel on the FX mixer will be analysed by the plugin you have added.’
Except you left the 'Bus-select' out, then that is correct. You should now see all the bussed frequencies as visual signals on SPAN, when you start replay

I can whip a short video up about this, because it may benefit others..
I will drop a link in an hour or so......
Thanks for the reply, not sure what you mean when you say, 'bus'

I will look over video when you have it up, thanks.
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:11 pm
not sure what you mean when you say, 'bus'
Bus is a send capable channel

video link https://youtu.be/vXYT-l7JbHA
musikbear wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:11 pm
not sure what you mean when you say, 'bus'
Bus is a send capable channel

video link https://youtu.be/vXYT-l7JbHA
Thanks,

I will download that now and watch later.
OK,

I watched your video, it confirms for me the issue i have from the start.

When i open the effects pane on the FX mixer, it is not displaying additional VST's that have been added.

I have tried this on a Windows 10 Desktop 64bit PC and also Windows 8.1 64bit surface.

It works on neither.

Is the version in your Video RC8 and are you running windows or linux?

Two more thing i noticed,

1. In an individual sound file on song editor, the add effect tab located there is behaving the same way, (Not showing added DLL's)

2. When i look at the pathways in directories, the ladspa directory pathway is the only one with a Plus icon in the center of the folder, why is that? Is there something about this that makes it behave a certain way?

I am puzzled and fairly pi**ed off about this at this stage.

Is there a way of manually adding the entry for the SPAN.dll in a registry somewhere that anyone can guide me through to make LMMS pick the files up?

Is anyone else in the world experiencing the same problem?
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 pm
When i open the effects pane on the FX mixer, it is not displaying additional VST's that have been added.
And you DO add the dll to the folder you have defined as VST-plugin-directory OR a subfolder in THAT directory, in Settings?
Is the version in your Video RC8 and are you running windows or linux?
RC8 on win32

You give some more info, but i would like to wait with that, untill you have confirmed the placement of your DLL-files, accordingly to your Settings:

Here the second from top, and DO NOT copy the actual path from the picture (dohhh) sorry!, but i have to make sure..
The path and folder-name must be ISO-chars! without any- non-english chars (ASCII.chars -like æ ø å ö umlauts accents etc -THEY WILL NOT WORK!!!) ...and spelling must be identical
You can Browse directly to the folder on your installation! Use the the button to the right!

In fact DO that -Browse! then update your settings with 'OK' - it could be something dumb with the update of path...

Later..

Two more thing i noticed,
1. In an individual sound file on song editor, the add effect tab located there is behaving the same way,

You mean in a Sample-Track where you add a sound-file

2. When i look at the pathways in directories, the ladspa directory pathway is the only one with a Plus icon in the center of the folder, why is that? Is there something about this that makes it behave a certain way?

I am puzzled and fairly pi**ed off about this at this stage.

Is there a way of manually adding the entry for the SPAN.dll in a registry somewhere that anyone can guide me through to make LMMS pick the files up?

Is anyone else in the world experiencing the same problem?
[/quote]

musikbear wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm

In fact DO that -Browse! then update your settings with 'OK' - it could be something dumb with the update of path...
Alleluia.........

Thats what it was, i had to navigate to the VST folder and click OK, then restart LMMS.

I hadn't ever gone into the actual folders and clicked OK as they were all set when i installed LMMS.

Since i have now clicked OK, the VST's show up in the effects window.

Thanks a million for your patience and time making the video etc.

As we say in Ireland.....(In Irish)

Slán go fóill - Pronounced phonetically as (Slawn g fall), meaning, Bye for now.
Incorruptable wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Since i have now clicked OK, the VST's show up in the effects window.
Ohh goodie! I just couldent figure our what was going on :)