LMMS Crashing When File Browsing

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey there,
Looking for help. Just recently I am encountering an issue with LMMS where it is crashing whenever I attempt to browse files within the program ( file > open \ file > save )

I think it might be the fault of something on my PC and not necessarily LMMS because it's a recent development, and it seems to only be after my PC has been running for a while. I am on 1.2.0-rc8

I've run chkdsk, and defrag on my HDDs and they seem fine, and virus scans report nothing. I also haven't noticed any issues elsewhere. I have the vague suspicion this occurred after some unsolicited Windows Update.
ToxicPilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 pm
Hey there,
Looking for help. Just recently I am encountering an issue with LMMS where it is crashing whenever I attempt to browse files within the program ( file > open \ file > save )

I think it might be the fault of something on my PC and not necessarily LMMS because it's a recent development, and it seems to only be after my PC has been running for a while. I am on 1.2.0-rc8

I've run chkdsk, and defrag on my HDDs and they seem fine, and virus scans report nothing. I also haven't noticed any issues elsewhere. I have the vague suspicion this occurred after some unsolicited Windows Update.
Yeah. Sometimes windows updates, can do some pretty strange things.
Question: Are you on windows 10?
ToxicPilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 pm
Hey there,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum ToxicPilgrim !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

LMMS is crashing whenever I attempt to browse files within the program ( file > open \ file > save ) the fault of something on my PC and not necessarily LMMS
Yes, it must be a personal issue. nobody else has reported this.
On the other hand, you do only have this issue on LMMS -right?

* Are there any popups/ message thrown
* Can you save a project? (ctrl+s)?
* Can you start a project from win-explore-brower (double-click any mmp /mmpz-file)?
* Does your path in Settings correspond to the actual one on your pc?

I would like to see a screenshot of your Settings Path'

Finally
attempt to browse files
fileS

Have you tried to move all Your files from the project-folder, and then add 5 native LMMS-files, could just be the Demos, then restart, and browse?
If you do, what happens ?