"Can't Find Control ROM"

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've searched the boards for this and cannot find a solution. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who's received this error message in LMMS, but I suppose it's possible. More likely I'm not searching properly. If that's the case, I apologize. If anyone has a fix for this and/or and explanation of what it means, please let me know. Thanks. :!:
First off, Welcome to the Forum edh1967 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

edh1967 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:52 pm
am I'm the only one who's received this error message in LMMS,
mm.. yea.. i think so...
At least i have never heard about this message.
..ROM stands for readOnlyMemory, and is a part of the HW on your motherboard, unless it has a different meaning here.. (?)

Can you take a screen-shot?
When does it happen? -Eg do you do something specific in order to get the popup?
Are you working with factory shipped elements only, or do you have speciel HW or VSTs ?
What is your OS?
Are you on LMMS 1.2.0?
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry for circumventing the protocols. I will read all appropriate posts ASAP. INRE: Your questions, however, I am running 1.2.0-rc8 and as far as I know, everything is as delivered. There is one possible irregularity, though. The problem began more or less when I started running MIDI-Ox on occasion. I also have a Korg nanoKeys2 installed with the accompanying driver tools app. It just occurs that I also installed a generic soundfont into LMMS to run MIDI files. Soooooo, it happens that I have fiddle about more than I remembered with this stuff. Please see the attached screen shot (for what it's worth). The warning occurs when booting LMMS. Thanks again. Image
edh1967 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry for circumventing the protocols. I will read all appropriate posts ASAP.
No ned to worry, you have not circumvented anything at all, the post is FYI not at all criticism :)
[img]
Ha!
Its your MIDI-keyboard: "Roland MT-32 | Vintage Synth Explorer"
That KB expect a CD in the drive, Yes it can be called a 'ROM' I believe it was in days gone bye Locked disks, where you could not write, was 'ROM-disks'
So you need an old CD for your MIDI-KB :)
Hmmm. Actually, I have a Korg nanoKeys 2, with the appropriate driver installed (and reinstalled), so I don't think that's the problem, but perhaps I need to tweak it with the "modify" option?
edh1967 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:02 am
Hmmm. Actually, I have a Korg nanoKeys 2, with the appropriate driver installed (and reinstalled)
Not al all related to the issue you have with the Roland MT-32

The error popup says MT-32 The eroor comes from, and is specific for Roland MT-32
I do not, and have never had a Roland MT though. This is very frustrating. Not sure where to go from here.
edh1967 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:29 am
have never had a Roland MT
w .. h .. u .. t 8|

There has never been a Roland MT connected to the PC?!?

Now you have me puzzled, i thought you had two MIDI-KB and one was the Roland ..
Not sure where to go from here.
I want to see the content of a file you have in your installation. It is the file
C:\Users\<Username>\.lmmsrc.xml
Its the installation settings amo info.
There are info about you system, that you may like to share, so you can send the content in an IM
The content is simple text, so just open it in note-pad, and copy everything into an IM
My guess is that there is something 'wrong' in the file
Well, as with a vehicle or any other complex machine, it makes me nervous when they just suddenly "get better," but that's what APPEARED to have happened. And then...the bottom fell out. LMMS is completely fried on my system. I have searched high and low for fixes or even someone else with the same problems. I find similar problems, but the fixes do nothing. The most common fix for "the voice of Satan" issue that I'm having is increasing the buffer size which accomplishes exactly zip. I uninstalled rc8 and went back to straight 2.0...nothing. I uninstalled all my sound drivers and reinstalled them...nothing. I have just about had it. Suggestions?
edh1967 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Suggestions?
Only what i said already : I want to see the content of a file you have in your installation. It is the file
C:\Users\<Username>\.lmmsrc.xml

Have you located that file?
Send it to me in an IM