saving files with samples from other sites

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I downloaded LMMS a few days ago and just started working with it in earnest yesterday. I have produced several beats, most of which include samples I downloaded from Freesound. However, when I save them and play back the files, they don't include these samples. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to do to make sure that samples which come outside LMMS itself can be saved in my music files?

Thanks for your help!

Steve Erickson
steevee wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm
I downloaded LMMS a few days ago
Hi, Welcome to the Forum steevee !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
.However, when I save and play back it don't include samples I downloaded from Freesound
Very odd!
-Unless the samples are in a non-supported format!
-But witch folder have you copied these samples to?
In your installation-settings:
Edit| settings
you have a folder defined as your Sample-folder
Default On windows it is: C:\Users\<you>\Documents\lmms\samples
Thats where you should copy your downloaded folders from Freesound into. Files in this folder will be available from sidebar item:
MySamples

But :
Are you using windows?
If this does not work please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype ('Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version
* lmms sound device chosen
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
*The type of the samples you have form Freesound
I am using a Mac.

I took your advice and copied all the samples I downloaded from Freesound into the "samples" folder under my larger "LMMS" folder. They now appear automatically when I load the app. I created a track combining several samples and saved it to test whether the samples would still get erased. I quit LMMS, opened it up again, played it back and the samples were intact. So your advice did the track. Thanks so much for your willingness to help me out with this!