Popping sound at start of notes in 1.2.0

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I have been using LMMS 1.1.3 for over a year and a half now and I decided to finally upgrade to 1.2.0. After trying it out, I noticed there was a clicking or popping sound at the start of each note I play and it is easily noticeable while sidechaining, whereas in 1.1.3, there was none of that. So I turned off the drums but left the sidechain on for half of each example and recorded the sounds from both versions.
The first half is from 1.2.0 and the second half is from 1.1.3: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmV8G5M2szDJkx8w5mt ... p?e=yQED4O

I know it's not the attack on the synths as it is the exact same project save for both versions and I checked that the attacks are the same. I suspect it's some DC offset problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. I am okay with the old version, but if this can be fixed, I would love to upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Aidanjosiah02 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:46 am
Hello, I have been using LMMS 1.1.3 for over a year and a half now and I decided to finally upgrade to 1.2.0.
That is the correct choice!
popping sound at the start of each note I play and it is easily noticeable while sidechaining, whereas in 1.1.3, there was none of that
I think your (btw great) intro is too loud How does the meters in Mixer peaks look?
Do you have a bit of head-room over your peaks?

Its better to crank the amp in the PC up, than it is to max-out the loudness in your mix!
It is possible, that the sound is marginally different in 1.2.0 compared with 1.1.3. That is because 1.2.0 uses a better layer-dll. The overall quality should be better, but it may also be less forgiven in respect to clipping!
If you do have red spikes, i believe your clicks comes from that
If no red spikes, i need to examine the project..
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm
I think your (btw great) intro is too loud How does the meters in Mixer peaks look?
Do you have a bit of head-room over your peaks?
For the first, it just touches the red but doesn't go in. For the second, no, but it is limited to 0dB since it was a finished project. Just now I turned off all effects and compressors except for the sidechain and lowered the level on the master so that it stays in the green, and the problem is still there.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm
It is possible, that the sound is marginally different in 1.2.0 compared with 1.1.3. That is because 1.2.0 uses a better layer-dll.
If no red spikes, i need to examine the project..
Alright, here's the project file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmV8G5M2szDJkyJ18G3 ... w?e=66nHxM
Not sure if its going to sound like much since I might use different directories and plugins than you.
I think I should mention my system is 32 bit, so everything I use including LMMS is also 32 bit.
Aidanjosiah02 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:05 pm
project
Ok i have fetched the project, but as you say, it is missing a lot.