Is there a way to simply bypass the filter in Zynaddsubfx?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Maybe this is not the correct place to ask (since Zynaddsubfx is a separate project from LMMS as well), but Zasfx has the filter enabled by default and there is no simple one click solution that I can find to turning the filter off. I get that the filter with all the filter envelopes is a very useful tool and will be used a vast majority of the time (but sometimes you might want to hear/use the unfiltered sound). Also I guess you could diminish the effect of the filter by adjusting cut-off frequency and filter envelope parameters so that you almost can't hear it, but that is a tedious way of doing things.

I've noticed that many people who start out with Zasfx and are new to production don't even realize the effect of this filter and end up having a completely low-passed song as a result. And other VSTs start sounding much better to them as a result (I used to belong to this group of people). So I think this feature is a really annoying one in the already clunky Zasfx.

If it turns out there is no easy solution to this perhaps I'll add a suggestion on the GitHub of ZASFX (unless it has already been fixed in Zynfusion).
Rakso wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm
there is no simple one click solution that I can find to turning the filter off.
correct! you need to go the the settings in zasfx
However, default zasfx-filter in LMMS is LP. If you open this filter completely, the sound is identical to disabeling filters in zasfx, so the answer is : Open the filter, and it is off
Thanks! By opening the filter do you mean setting the cutoff frequency to max (for lowpass) or min (for highpass)?

I decided to do some tests again having two instances of ZynAddSubfx that were playing an identical sharp saw wave in adsynth. I made them play the same note one after another over and over again. I set one to highpass (hp1) and one to lowpass (lp2) in the adsynth filter parameters. Theoretically, by opening both filters they should sound the same. But they still sounded slightly different. But then I set the velocity sensing amount of the filters to zero, and I could no longer hear a difference.

So I guess that was what was confusing me in the past :D, I didn't tweak the velocity sensing amount.

Though I probably won't need them, where can I find the filter settings in ZASFX?

Once again thanks for the answer :)!
Rakso wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm
By opening the filter do you mean setting the cutoff frequency to max (for lowpass) or min (for highpass)?
Yes
where can I find the filter settings in ZASFX?
:) ya.. 'where'
Well there are the settings that has coupled control with LMMS. Those are in zasfx called Global-parameters, and are found on the Global-instrument page

But zasfx being zasfx there are more filter-options!
First level is filters on each voice
A voice in zasfx can overide the global-filter, with its own filter!
settings are found on the Voice-page
Second level Filters on wave-shapes
Settings are found on the harmonic-table-page

Now...
That was only! for base-synth! On top of that there are filters on ADDsynth, and on PADsynth, and most likely, some i havent found :p

I go through some of the filters in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... R7Ncz5Zwo6