Synth & Sound Pack Bundle

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm a newbie to LMMS and digital music production in general, so I couldn't figure out if these sound packs are compatible with LMMS, or can somehow be imported into the software:
https://store.techspot.com/sales/pay-wh ... 000004HKqa

Does anyone know if they work with LMMS and worth buying?
Thanks.
jackrid wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:31 am
I'm a newbie to LMMS and digital music production in general,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum jackrid !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

Are these sound packs are compatible with LMMS
LMMS support samples of all common types, except mp3!
You can export to mp3, but you cant import mp3. There are however many programs that can convert from one format to an other.
However, Before you go out an buy commercial soundpacks, ao synth-instruments, my rekommandation would be to work a while with the native samples and see if you want to take your music up to a new level, where you have to 'invest' :p
I agree with musicbear; what could you POSSIBLY need that isn't already there in the default installation? The selection of synths is way overkill considering that zynAddSubFx probably COULD do all of them, if only you spend the years to figure out how to work it. Also zasfx doesn't make ADSR tweeking easy, and that's kind of important (to me). Get familiar with everything already there first, then check out what's available for free before you start spending money. Your money might be better spent on hardware (speakers, microphone, computer, whatev) depending on how far you want to take the "home studio" concept.

Well... that said, I have become a fan of soundfont drumkits. TripleOsc's drumkit has about 10 sounds, and the toms are barely audible. The soundfont I'm loading (sorry, I'm at work and can't tell you which one, but it's a "standard" one... I wanna say "GSM_V2 something"?) has ... many, many different drumkits some of which have probably about 80 different sounds. It looks a little strange in the paino-roll... but I like having ONE track for my percussion - that I can change at will - as opposed to 9 or more slightly different versions of BB tracks.

Speaking of (although this is the wrong topic to say this), it'd be super-handy, when using a multi-different-sound instrument, if the piano-roll could somehow label which sound each "note" is in the font. As it stands, you kind of have to make a note and drag it up and down to even hear what's available. C4 is a cymbal crash, C#4 is a rattlesnake, D4 is a hihat, etc.