The file seems to contain errors and therefore can't be load

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi! I have recieved this error message on a file I have been working on for a few days and I don't know how to fix it. I saw a few other posts on the forum about this topic and followed along with them, but it unfortunately did not resolve the issue. When I opened the .bak file it displayed the same error message. I could not use the recovery.bak file because I had already opened another project. The file has a size of 36 KB and I did not use any VSTs in the project. Can someone help me fix this, please? Thank you!
xblazezx wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 am
Hi!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum xblazezx !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Can someone help me fix this, please? Thank you!
It totally depends on weather you have saved your damaged project-file as a :
  • *.MMP -That is an uncompressed project -If so : Yes! We can rescue it!
    *.MMPZ -That is an compressed project -If so : No, Sadly We cant rescue it!
Let me know..
Oh no! Unfortunately, I had the file saved as .MMPZ. Luckily, I do remember a bit of the project and will be able to recreate it. Thank you for your help!
Hey I also just had the same problem you said you had about a year ago..my lmms project didn't open and said it had errors. Do you know how to get my project back? And how to prevent it from happening again? How to save it as mmp and not mmpz
Oshsounds wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:46 pm
Hey
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Oshsounds !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
lmms project didn't open and said it had errors.
That is unfortunate, but if you have a default installation then you will have a backup, that is the version befor the last time you saved IT IS THEREFORE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOT TO SAVE THE FAILING PROJECT TWICE!!!
The backup will be n your project folder and have the name <name-of-project>.mmpz.BAK
You can double-click this file, and it should open if you didden saved the failing project TWICE!!!

Immediately after you have opened the ,BAK file DO :
File| save_as <save the BAK file as a new name!
Do you know how to get my project back?
If you do not have a BAK-file, AND it is saved as MMPZ -then no. It is lost!
And how to prevent it from happening again?
I do not know how to prevent it. I have saved projects for 12 y. now, and i have never had a failing project
How to save it as mmp and not mmpz
Yes thats easy. You simply just type .mmp after the name, the first time you name and save the project, then it wont be compressed.
However it will be large files.
Normally that wont matter on TB HD, but Default LMMS will save your projects in your Documents-folder (on windows).
Then that creates a new situation, because the Library Documents are stupidly part of the OS, and if That is on an SSD, then it is not smart to write huge files on it!
This can be avoided!
You need then to tell windows to move the Library 'Documents' to a normal HHD, but of cause you then must HAVE one in the pc... :|
This situation is caused by the new standard for OS-disks: SSD
You can find tutorials for making Windows move Libraries and folders
DO NOT DO IT MANUALLY!!!