Knobs & sliders.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've played about with LMMS on & off (mainly off) for a while & one thing I find difficult to is the Knob style controllers.
Moving my mouse back & forth (reciprocal motion) to produce a rotary effect on the knob is not at all intuitive for me & I'm finding I have to disengage what I'm thinking about in terms of composition & so forth in order concentrate on this.
Anyway to have sliders as an option instead?
Given the sheer number of controls (sometimes), I can see why DAW/VST/Synth/Effect - everything, really - programmers seem to universally go with the knobs. Sliders would just take up too much screen space. Unless they were really, really tiny sliders, which would be even harder to control.

And besides: you'd click on a slider and move the mouse up or down. And you click on a knob and move the mouse up or down (or mousewheel for finer control). Not seeing much difference as far as actuation.
TDNE wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:41 am
Knob style controllers.
Moving my mouse back & forth (reciprocal motion) to produce a rotary effect on the knob is not at all intuitive for me
Use a mouse with a mouse-wheel, all 'knobs' can be used that way.
You can also double-click, and input the exact value in the input-box.
Besides that, choose between linear or exponential motion-model, in the context-menu
I see no reason for more options
Just me then. My difficulty is my head has issues making a back & forward movement with the mouse & seeing a rotational result - does not compute.
Scroll wheel is too slow generally & I'm prone to RSI.
I'll try the exponential model thanks.
I get the screen space issue.