MIDI Input Not Working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Gps wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 pm
I found this vid, and wondered.

This could be you're problem maybe.
Difference between USB and MIDI , and what type of usb to midi device or cable you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neXswJJcatc
This video somewhat confused me. My MIDI-To-USB cable has a board already installed into it, so I shouldn't need any other hardware, right?
I only understand from the video that there are two types usb to midi, looking very familiar.

If you bought the cable online , look up details and compare it to what guy in vid says.

Before I watched this vid, I did not even know there are two types.

If I remember the vid right, one does not convert the midi signal, the other one does.

If I also recall right the problem comes from midi not caring about being a host or not.
USB does.

That does not answer if you got the right cable though.
I can't help, but I can tell you that you're not alone. I got the same problem, tried the same steps, without success, also on Win10. Everything seems to be set up correctly. MIDI Out works just fine. Also I can see and select the inputs in Pro Tools. But I get no MIDI data into PT, neither as note data on a track nor as controller data for a controller set up under peripherals. Anybody else? Or maybe an idea how to solve this?
Gps wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:00 pm
I only understand from the video that there are two types usb to midi, looking very familiar.

If you bought the cable online , look up details and compare it to what guy in vid says.

Before I watched this vid, I did not even know there are two types.

If I remember the vid right, one does not convert the midi signal, the other one does.

If I also recall right the problem comes from midi not caring about being a host or not.
USB does.

That does not answer if you got the right cable though.
Alright, thank you for the help! I'll try it this weekend!