Dream Sequencer 2

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have placed a link to your tutorial in another forum where I post:

https://www.synthforum.nl/forum/muziek- ... ost3699658

Thanks again!
I have just now tried the method from the video tutorial but it still fails to work properly. It starts OK but after a while Dream Sequencer if played in the piano roll no longer produces an orderly sequence.

I work with Linux Mint and Wine, so maybe Wine can't handle the synchronisation of Dream Sequencer with LMMS? Or am I still doing something wrong?
I am on Linux and will give it a test.

I remember though one trans synth, working fine on windows in LMMS, but not on Linux with wine.
I just did a quick test. (opensuse 64 bit with wine)

How long does it take at your end before it goes wrong?

I right now have an 40 sec test track, something like musicbear did and all seems fine.

The kicker and dreamsequencer. Sounds interesting :)

Notes are 4 bars ? long. (like the space between 1 and 2 )
I have a 32-bit system, could that be the problem?

What happens is that after a short time (much less that 40 sec) it gets stuck in the first two steps of its loop, and then it only plays those two notes.
Possible but it's weird because it's a 32 bit vst.

I have no idea why it does not work for you.

Wait ! maybe I do.

If you're lmms is 32 bit, its not the latest version, which I am using (version 1.2) That probably explains the difference between us.

The 32 bit linux version does not get updated any more.

Is you're hardware (pc) 32 bit ?
No - my hardware could handle 64-bit, but I decided to keep the system at 32-bit because I like to use old VST's.

Unhappily now my Linux Mint 17 version should also be upgraded as it is no longer supported.

I'm using LMMS 1.1.3
Digital Bird wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:03 pm
I'm using LMMS 1.1.3
bOOm!
Theres your problem!!
1.1.3 was serious inferior with VSTs!
You must upgrade to AppImage 1.2.0
Follow this:

*If you have made anything ...Back-up your own stuff
*Un-install current installation
*(re)move the config dot-file
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
*download a fresh new installation-pack
Linux-users need the AppImage on the Linux-tab!
This is however only available as x64
https://lmms.io/download/#linux
Linux: In Edit| Settings| Misc -Disable'Sync VST plugins to host playback'!!!

Rem. to backup before you reinstall!
Let us know the outcome :)
But this means that I have to do a completely new installation of my operating system and everything else?
Yes , you will have to do a new install. Make sure you back up stuff you don't wanna loose.

You can ask on the Mint forums, but I doubt you can update from 32 bit to 64 bit, so you need a fresh install.

Most Linux Distro I know off, do no longer have a 32 bit version. ( and or stopped updating it )

One great advantage is that you can use more ram then 4 gig ram, and on the bright site you can still use 32 bit vst with a 64 bit os.

Or you need to live with that vst not working. :)

Lmms 1.2 is allot better then 1.1.3.