Exporting Music Fails

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When I export my music from LMMS to a .wav or .mp3 file, my strings01.ogg track sounds completely different than when it is played in LMMS.

Hear it for yourself : https://soundcloud.com/user-133453329/project3/s-iKiN3
The original LMMS files with (hopefully) the correct sound can be downloaded here : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/534043 ... 331/554f4a

At the very start there is a very ugly and discordant strings that should sound completely different (it does in LMMS itself)

At second 30 +- one of the instruments of my beat/bassline also sound completely different than it does in LMMS. You should notice pretty easily, it's pretty ugly. I'm suspecting it's tom01.ogg but it could be kick03.ogg of kick02.ogg too.

Can you tell me how I can export my music in a way that sounds the same as in LMMS?
Exporting it with the following parameters instead of the standard to see the difference :

* Highest interpolation (Sync Best)
* Oversampling x2

MP3 :
Bitrate = Max (320 kB/s)
Stereo Mode = Joint Stereo

Result : Incredibly slow and CPU-intensive to export. The file lasts 10 minutes instead of 2 and doesn't even resemble music.

Compressed OGG-File:
Samplerate = Max (192000)
Bitrate = Max (320 kB/s)

Result : Sounds decent, but the strings is still different than in LMMS.

WAV-file:
Samplerate = Max (192000)
Depth = Standard (24 Bit Integer)

Result : Incredibly slow and CPU-intensive to export. You almost can't hear the strings and bass/beatline at all. At least the sound that is hearable sounds decent, but not exactly the same.
AnthonyB wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:32 pm
Exporting it with the following parameters
I believe its your oversampling. Why do you do that?
Theres been talks about removing oversample, because it is not all that useful.
for example, lets say you have 44.1k at oversample-x2, LMMS renders at 88.2, So why not just render directly to 96k? (except for the larger file ofcause
Oversampling wil just add a 'point' for a middle-value, between two actual values, and then post-process that file back to 44.1k, but with the shape aproximally close to the added 'points'
Bottomline: You get a smaller file, theoretically half its size
Better Quality? No.
I never use oversampling, in fact i use the defaults for export. what is the result with default-settings?
My very first try was with the default parameters, you can hear the results in my first post.
In my second post I tried to change the parameters in hope to solve the issue ;)
AnthonyB wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 pm
My very first try was with the default parameters,
ok, then last resort.. what is your device? Both Linux and win can use SDL win does best with SDL
I use an ASUS ZenBook with Windows 10.
As a reference, this is how it should sound like : https://soundcloud.com/user-133453329/p ... ng/s-PX6hV (I modified some things but most of it is the same as it used to be). I recorded this by directly recording the sound coming out of my speakers instead of exporting
AnthonyB wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 pm
I use an ASUS ZenBook with Windows 10.
Ok but what devise -This setting: Image
Here SDL is selected. What do you have? Try SDL
You're right! I used Portaudio and had the issue. I switched to SDL and it's working fine! Thanks :)
I have listened to the file you have posted. Yes, the sound is different. It is strange. Maybe it is a problem with the site you use to convert. Haven't you thought about finding another one? Lol, I say it's like it's so easy. For example, I use coconvert.com. Via this site, I convert all the music from YouTube to WAV format. The quality is the same, and the sound is excellent. I personally like it, and I don't see any difference. You can export your music via this converter, and I think that the sound will remain the same. I hope you will like it!
ChloePaterson wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 am
I have listened to the file you have posted. Yes, the sound is different. It is strange. Maybe it is a problem with the site you use to convert. Haven't you thought about finding another one? Lol, I say it's like it's so easy. For example, I use . Via this site, I convert all the music from YouTube to WAV format. The quality is the same, and the sound is excellent. I personally like it, and I don't see any difference. You can export your music via this converter, and I think that the sound will remain the same. I hope you will like it!
I don't think he is trying to convert youtube music to audio though.