Not showing key notes

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all, I cannot see the names of the notes in the working area of the piano roll, I can on the piano I went into settings and enabled note lables but they are not there in the working area. Have I missed something and can you help please.I am using lmms ver 1.20rc8. windows.
donnylad wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 am
see the names of the notes in the working area of the piano roll
I think you may have seen a screenie of a WIP
Thats an experimental feature in Master, and it has not been implemented in the 1.2.0-vers.

If you see your piano-roll like:
(disregard the notes), then you have a full working note-naming feature of 1.2.0/RC8
If your notenames look different let us know with a screenie

However -You ought to upgrade your RC to full 1.2.0-vers.
some RC was compiled with some features omitted. I actually think 8 was full, because it was last before official, so they are almost identical
Hi musicbear,,,,,it is where you have put your notes that am am talking about, I was wanting to see for instance in the columns C#/Db , D , D#/Eb , E , F, F#/Ab, and so on but I cannot make them show.

Thankyou for your reply
Len
donnylad wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm
it is where you have put your notes that am am talking about:: I cannot make them show.
Well, as you can see Neither can I in this Official 1.2 release :p
Current Master can
Maybe the feature will be in next Off. release
Hi Buddy, well I have been looking on the youtube tutorials for a few days to see which one I saw it on and at last found it and apparently its Lmms ver 1.13 so I guess they have done away with it now.
This is what I watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHZqG_ ... e=youtu.be
Len
donnylad wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:03 pm
This is what I watched.
Ooooo... That is a deprecated feature! It was long before we got notes-names on all the virtual pianos keys. The only marking was that of C in each octave.
The upcoming feature will mark each individual note, and not splash everything all over, as the old 1.1.3 feature did :)
But now i can understand why you were confused
Thanks buddy, its just looks easier to click the right notes instead of having to scroll across the page when I have a long section to write.
Thanks again always a pleasure to hear from you.
Len