how to compile the latest version of lmms 1.2.0 rc8

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
i need to know because im trying to get sampletank 4 to work in it. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
lokiilox wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 am
i need to know because im trying to get sampletank 4 to work in it. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
here you go https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Compiling
i dont understand all of that. Is there a copy and paste part that i can use to make things simple
VST-instrument hoster : not found, please install (lib)wine-dev (or similar) - 64 bit systems additionally need gcc-multilib and g++-multilib

someone shed some light on this for me please
lokiilox wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am
Is there a copy and paste part that i can use to make things simple
Afraid not. Compiling LMMS is not simple. But WINE is a package you should be able to get from your distro packman. Unfortunately ...as with almost all Linux, 'WINE' is not one thing. There are several releases, and you need the one, that goes with your distro, you may even need staged version.
I cant help you, cause i know Image noathing (about Linux)
lokiilox wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:35 am
VST-instrument hoster : not found, please install (lib)wine-dev (or similar) - 64 bit systems additionally need gcc-multilib and g++-multilib

someone shed some light on this for me please
You need wine in order to run lmms with VST compatibility (via VeSTige). When you compile lmms you also need the development files for the same wine version you have installed. What OS are building on?

how to compile the latest version of lmms 1.2.0 rc8
Why do you need rc8? What errors are you seeing with the stable lmms-1.2.0 release?
i wasnt saeeing errors but i feel like i can get my plugins to work from source