DSK Overture Notes Won't Play

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've been using DSK Overture, but depending on the instrument, the notes have a certain range of notes they are allowed to play. Is there anything I can do to increase this range?
I've used that VST a lot and I also paid a few bucks and bought the sound font collection from DSK. The sound fonts likely are made from the same samples as the VST. The sound fonts also cannot play the full piano roll range of notes for all the instruments. I assume that is because the real life instruments usually don't/can't play those notes but I'm not sure.
NebulaYT wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Is there anything I can do to increase this range?
Mr_lmms_user tells you why this problem exists, and that is how things are with samples, but 'yes' you can do 'something', but it is fiddely and has a t&e element, so it takes time to get right. if the sample has a slow attack, then its not difficult.
You use 2 tracks
You need to fade the first out before it actually ends, and fade the 2. in without changing the overall audible output
For that you use automation of volumes in both tracks:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Automation

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome NebulaYT !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm
NebulaYT wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm
Is there anything I can do to increase this range?
Mr_lmms_user tells you why this problem exists, and that is how things are with samples, but 'yes' you can do 'something', but it is fiddely and has a t&e element, so it takes time to get right. if the sample has a slow attack, then its not difficult.
You use 2 tracks
You need to fade the first out before it actually ends, and fade the 2. in without changing the overall audible output
For that you use automation of volumes in both tracks:
I tried this, but the plugin just refuses to play the instrument any lower than C3, or any higher than E6. The plugin has different instruments, and different instruments seem to have different ranges. Can I bend LMMS's arm to get an instrument lower than it's limit, or is it set in stone?

Also thanks for the welcome! :D
NebulaYT wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 pm
Can I bend LMMS's arm to get an instrument lower than it's limit, or is it set in stone?
You can 'bend' i at least 3 ways. The one i think is most valid here is setting Basal-note
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Base_note
But if you want to have perfect long notes, that stretches over the length of the VSTs internal sample, then both instruments must be identical in pitch, if you attempt to use my 'overlapper' hack
You can add the FX TAP Pitch Scaler to vestige and change the pitch plus(knob 12 semitone shift) or minus (knob -12 semitone shift) 1 octave. There is also a pitch knob on vestige. I guess -100% is an octave down and 100% is an octave up. You might have to run more than one instances of DSK OVERTURE doing this depending on the range of notes you want. Unless you have a modern computer running two DSK OVERTUREs can be a challenge particularly if you are making mouse movements in piano roll.
Mr_LMMS_user wrote: You can add the FX TAP Pitch Scaler to vestige and change the pitch plus(knob 12 semitone shift) or minus (knob -12 semitone shift) 1 octave. There is also a pitch knob on vestige. I guess -100% is an octave down and 100% is an octave up. You might have to run more than one instances of DSK OVERTURE doing this depending on the range of notes you want. Unless you have a modern computer running two DSK OVERTUREs can be a challenge particularly if you are making mouse movements in piano roll.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm
NebulaYT wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 pm
Can I bend LMMS's arm to get an instrument lower than it's limit, or is it set in stone?
You can 'bend' i at least 3 ways. The one i think is most valid here is setting Basal-note
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Base_note
But if you want to have perfect long notes, that stretches over the length of the VSTs internal sample, then both instruments must be identical in pitch, if you attempt to use my 'overlapper' hack
Thanks you two! I'll try my best to get this to work!